• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NFO to NA lateral transfer cutoff age

cfam

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The oldest you can be to apply is 29. Here's the instruction if you want some light reading.

Attachments

• NFO To Pilot Instruction.pdf
    21.1 KB · Views: 133

cfam

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
And do us all a favor and update your profile please. I (we) can probably give you more helpful advice if you have some actual information on there.

Buss

None
The oldest you can be to apply is 29. Here's the instruction if you want some light reading.

Am I interpreting the instruction wrong? I thought the 24 month waiver means by your 29th birthday.

cfam

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
That's what I meant, sorry if I didn't word it clearly. The cutoff is your 29th birthday. The way the sample application reads is that you have to be no older than 29 by 31 May of the year you're applying, because that is when the board meets.

theredfox52

Why dont you just apply to be a pilot? Then you won't have to go through the shame of being an NFO.

Shame of being an NFO... I apologize, statesman, but I fail to see what the shame is in being a Naval Flight Officer in the United States Navy.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Shame of being an NFO... I apologize, statesman, but I fail to see what the shame is in being a Naval Flight Officer in the United States Navy.
Lord, lighten up... he was pokin' fun at our NFO Bro's'. It's done all the time here and in the Ready Room, get used to it. Some of these winged AW's will be your IPs & COs someday, if you're lucky!;)
BzB

Atreyu098

Does anyone know when the first opportunity stitch from a qualified nfo to pilot to go through flight school again?

I doubt I'll be able to before i start flight school because that's rare i hear so it'd have to be a fo until when?

Disclaimer, I'm not going to be that kid who hates fo because I'm not pilot I'll still work my ass off to keep our navy boss, just looking long term. Im rotc senior slated as sna with npq waiting on redesignation

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Does anyone know when the first opportunity stitch from a qualified nfo to pilot to go through flight school again?

I doubt I'll be able to before i start flight school because that's rare i hear so it'd have to be a fo until when?

Disclaimer, I'm not going to be that kid who hates fo because I'm not pilot I'll still work my ass off to keep our navy boss, just looking long term. Im rotc senior slated as sna with npq waiting on redesignation
Prior to/at API and after your first sea tour (roughly ~6 years later).

Atreyu098

Thank you. I am sure a lot of people try to do it before API. I just don't want to give up on my future plans/dreams you know? So I want to try everything I can to achieve it.

xmid

pilot
Contributor
There's serious implications with the switch from NFO to NA to keep in mind. I can completely understand wanting to make a switch to follow a long time goal, but go in to it with eyes open that you may only get one flying tour as a pilot. I've seen it first hand. It works out fine for some, for others it can be a career ender.