• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NFO questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonnyb

Hi guys,

Since my recruiter will be gone until the 10th, I'll ask you guys a
few questions. I plan to submit my application during the first week of September. I've read some posts here stating that all NFO slots for 03 are full or will be soon. So, am I looking at a OCS date of Sept or Oct 03? Also, are the PRT requirements different for aviation candidates? Should aviation candidates run their 1.5 miles in under 12 minutes? thanks for the help

ryan77

It's probable that a small amount of SNA/SNFO slots are still available (or will become available) in FY03 for highly qualified candidates - people with high GPAs, technical degrees, maybe a little flying experience, etc. But if you apply this fall, you could very well be looking at an Oct 03 - Dec 03 OCS date in FY04.

As for the PRT, since aviation slots are generally more competitive than the average Navy designation, your scores should be good. Yes, you should be under a 12 minute run in my opinion.

sonnyb

thanks ryan for the info. I've got a degree in accounting with a GPA of 3.80. my ASTB results are an OAR of 51,AQR of 6, and FOFAR of 6. and I have participated in plenty of extracurricular activities.So hopefully my application will be competitive. I'm a little worried though because my degree is not technical.

Hartman

Dude, you've got a good app.! People with accounting degrees have been Blue Angels before. All you need to worry about is the timing.

Dave Shutter

Technical degrees are the preferred paper but business type degrees are a respectable second, especially if it involved math. That on top of those test scores makes you pretty competetive. Under 12 is a decent run time for an applicant, providing you did a decent number of push/sit-ups. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.