• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NFO Instructor Pilot Makes Final Flight of 54-Year Career

flaps

happy to be here
None
Contributor
spud hierzling(sp?)
was my f-4 fam pilot at vmfat 201 in april of '69.

thanks for the memories.

anybody know what became of him?

flaps

happy to be here
None
Contributor
he bzb! 11 straight years in the a-4? i think i got you beat by a bit.

continuiously current in fighters (f-4/f-14's) from '69 through '97............... 28 years 4 months... usmc & northrop grumman.

its okay to be an obnoxious braggart when you're an old fart.
:)

flaps

happy to be here
None
Contributor
he bzb! 11 straight years in the a-4? i think i got you beat by a bit.

continuiously current in fighters (f-4/f-14's) from '69 through '97............... 28 years 4 months... usmc & northrop grumman.

one of my last hops was with a young navy stick who was born 3 years after i got my wings.

its okay to be an obnoxious braggart when you're an old fart.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
its okay to be an obnoxious braggart when you're an old fart.:)

Yeah Flaps, that's quite a record! All can say in my defense is that my 11 years was active military, and was in one type aircraft. When you fly Mfrs. test as a civilian, you don't have to worry about breaks for non-flying tours; staffs, etc. Though that's a pretty impressive record I admit!;)
BzB

flaps

happy to be here
None
Contributor
ya got me there, bee...most of my tomcat flight time was in brand new (yep, they do have a new car smell) airplanes maintained by guys with an average of 15 years experience.
no IFR/bad guys , niether.
did do a bit of the bad guy thing in phantoms, though.

Pete Barron

Doug Barron is my father. We lost touch with one another after he and my mom divorced. I Googled his name today because every once in a while I make an attempt to locate him. I read this article with pride. I still have one of his plaques from the Navy for when he hit 1,000 hours in his A4-D Skyhawk. If anyone knows how to get hold of him please give him a message for me. My name is Pete Barron and I carry that name proudly. I would love to touch base with him and say hello. It's been a very long time since we spoke. My mom passed a few years ago from cancer and as genetics would have it at 53 years old I now have cancer. I'm fighting the fight but wish one more chance to talk to the only man I ever knew as my father. Please reach out to him for me. My email is PeteBarron1@gmail.com .....Thank you in advance for any help you can give.

Pete Barron

Wow. You just brought a smile to my face. :) We are definately talking about the same man. Thank you so much for responing. I will look forward to your email.

Pete