• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NFO Age Waiver and Board Dates

aviator4life

I am looking to submit an application for NFO and I currently have 12 years of prior service. I know that there is an age waiver of 48 months for prior service to the age of 31, but is that age in reference to being commissioned by 31 or applying by the age of 31? The reason I ask is because currently there doesn't seem to be any more boards for the remainder of FY 12 for NFO and I recently completed my Bachelors in Professional Aeronautics from Embry Riddle.

Is it possible for Boards to be added or is the current list of dates set in stone? It seems that the only NFO Board for OCS cuurently is April 16th.

I am currently 30 years of age and will turn 31 in September. Any advice, assistance or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

exNavyOffRec

It is "commissioned by" for the max age, the board schedule that is put out is the max number of boards, they can be delayed or cancelled but none are added at least not in the current environment.

aviator4life

Does the age limitation apply to lateral transfer guys who want to redesignate? Such as going from Staff to Unrestricted Line as an NFO.

exNavyOffRec

It is my understanding that limits do apply, but there are people here with first hand knowledge.

The other issue is finding a designator to get into at your age.