• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New to thread, with a couple questions

Nick Blanck

I just joined this thread. Forgive me if this is in the wrong forum.

I just graduated HS and i am going to Utah state for Aeronautical science (Proffesional pilot) I am considering joining the Navy or Airforce as a pilot to gain hours getting into the big airlines and to serve and protect the USA. I am looking to join after college so i have an education going in. If i can get into airforce i would aim for cargo, since all of the airlines are large heavy planes....But navy seems to have more excitement.

Basically how long did it take some of you to go through Basic training, and officer school. Is your flight training apart of Officer school? How long is flight training normally, depending of which aircraft you chose.
In this case i would like to fly the F-18. Going through an aviation college would get me all of the flight requirements. But would it matter if i were to fly in the navy? Is flying in the military any different than civilian flying? Does the military follow a different FAR/AIM for student pilots? IF i had all my ratings would i move through the naval flight training at a faster pace?

Sorry if some of these questions were already answered. Who knows some answers may have changed

gotta_fly

pilot
My gut tells me this is a joke, but in case it's not I will tell you that literally every one of your questions has been asked and answered on here dozens of times. Search the forum, Google search the process of becoming an officer, then when you've done some legwork come back here with your specific questions and we will be glad to help.

By the way, the Air Force is not the only service in the world with large heavy aircraft. :cool:

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Renegade One

None
...i would aim for cargo, since all of the airlines are large heavy planes....But navy seems to have more excitement...
...but in case it's not...
Not really my area of expertise, but I don't know that large, heavy Navy planes are any more exciting than Air Force large, heavy planes. And the Air Force surely has more of them than we do. Or more than the Navy and Marines combined. Or Navy, Marines and Coast Guard combined.

Cheers...

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
It's GOTTA be a joke... or, maybe A4sForever in disguise, tweaking our collective noses? :eek:
BzB

Renegade One

None
He managed to work in just about every newb question into one post. BZ! :)
Well, yeah, but, as I've been told, we never want to turn this into a strictly "old farts' forum"...
Welcome to Airwarriors.com...where all the women are strong, all the men are good looking, and all the children are above average. ;)

Renegade One

None
Not really my area of expertise, but I don't know that large, heavy Navy planes are any more exciting than Air Force large, heavy planes. And the Air Force surely has more of them than we do. Or more than the Navy and Marines combined. Or Navy, Marines and Coast Guard combined.

Cheers...
I just joined this thread. Forgive me if this is in the wrong forum.....But navy seems to have more excitement.
Also...forgot to mention...and, again, it isn't exactly my area of expertise, but if you're looking for a combination of "large and heavy" and "excitement", I'm again thinking Air Force. Two communities come immediately to mind: Strategic Bombers (B-1, B-2 and B-52 communities) and the AC-130 "Gunship" (Spectre and Spooky) communities.

"If the pilot's good, see, I mean if he's reeeally sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low... oh you oughta see it sometime. It's a sight. A big plane like a '52... varrrooom! Its jet exhaust... frying chickens in the barnyard!" ~General "Buck" Turgidson Dr. Strangelove