• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New Strategic Sourcing Center!

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
web_091216-N-5690K-003.jpg

091216-N-5690K-003 NORFOLK (Dec. 16, 2009) Cutting the ribbon at the opening of the Fleet and Industrial Supply Center Norfolk Strategic Sourcing Office, from left to right: Donna Reuss, deputy director of contracting, Capt. Ruth Christopherson, commanding officer, Marlene Chambley, strategic sourcing division director and Capt. Asa Page, director of contracting. (U.S. Navy photo by R. Anderson/Released)

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Lovely, more contractors...

Nope, they're Civil Servants and the type of contracting they do is for all sorts of needful things that the Navy needs so commands don't have to have the expertise.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
When I can call one of these places for a needful thing I need and not have some GS-4 snarl at me that I filled out a form wrong and so I can go to hell... then I'll call it a "Strategic Sourcing Center"

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor

You know when you try to schedule you move and you have a 'fat lady' tell you that you can't just schedule it, no have you have come in and go through counseling.
You then come in and the woman proceeds to ramble on for 45 minutes and doesn't answer any specific questions.
In fact when you ask a question she gets annoyed.
You walk in the doormat always says "We Serve The Fleet", but obviously the people that work in personal property never got that memo!!

So you know you have to go to move.mil and have to look through 4,000 links trying to find the answer to a simple question.

Unlike AW, you just can post something and have one of the old hands show you where the link is....