• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New Start-up Airline

plc67

pilot
No retro, no exemptions but no change to medical certification. I'll be right on the bubble of making it, but if I don't no big deal. Although this flying out of Osaka into China ain't bad duty.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
No retro, no exemptions but no change to medical certification. I'll be right on the bubble of making it, but if I don't no big deal. Although this flying out of Osaka into China ain't bad duty.
I used to hate Osaka ... then I got my "groove" and my little routine and things were not bad at all ....

Where do you fly to in Communist China?? Shanghai and Peking, I assume ??? Are they still locked into "meters" vice "feet" for flight levels ???

plc67

pilot
We're out of Kansai in Osaka flying for ANA. We go into Qindao,Xiamen,Dailan,Bejing and of course Hong Kong in China. It's still meters in China, except Hong Kong, and Dailan uses QFE just to make it interesting. Haven't been to Dailan yet but go to Xiamen tomorrow.
Been in Narita for a couple of days and am heading for the Jet Lag Club and Flight Crew Lounge tonight.
It's not like I remembered it in 72/73.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
We're out of Kansai in Osaka flying for ANA......heading for the Jet Lag Club and Flight Crew Lounge tonight.
It's not like I remembered it in 72/73.
Not too much else is, either ... like it was in 72/73, that is ... :)

Are you guys "wet leasing" for ANA ??? If so ... incredible.

Flight Crew Lounge ... always a good to go place .... especially when the Aeroflot stew's showed up .... sweep up some of my brain cells, if you have time ... :D

plc67

pilot
It's basically a wet lease for ANA and it's a first of its kind from what I've been told. We stay at the ANA hotels and they treat us quite well. Just got my China check out so I'm far from a vet. We don't do any NorPacing for ANA by the way, just China, Japan and Bangkok.
I'm always on the look out for replacement brain cells.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
I'm being told by my ALPA rep to expect age 65 early 2009. FAA proposal in late 2007 with approval late 2008 and implementation in early 2009. No retro, no waivers.

There is supposedly something attached to the current FAA funding bill to make age 65 happen within 3 months of the bill being signed, but my ALPA rep says that there are too many problems with the bill and ALPA expects all these type of amendments to be stripped from the final bill or during conference.

I just hope it happens after I get recalled to Hawaiian or it will probably add another couple of years to the furlough.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
.....I just hope it happens after I get recalled to Hawaiian or it will probably add another couple of years to the furlough.
That's what I was afraid of ... and it's a damn shame. At least you'll be able to work longer to recoup -- but who wants to .... ??? The politics of the age 60 rule have always made me walk away shaking my head ...

FrankTheTank

Professional Pot Stirrer
pilot
Actually it is still part of the bill which (if signed) would be implimented 30 days after signed into law... This would suck.. Capt Prater was up here last month and he seems to think with ALPA's change in stance, there is a VERY low likelyhood of this becoming law.. Since we have nearly 200 over 60 FEs, the retro is also a big deal.. Our MEC wants it to be retro.. Hopefully, ALPA can successfully keep this in NRPM avenue and out of congress.. That would take it approx 2 years to finally be changed.. The lesser evil in my opinion but I was/am against changing the rule entirely.. :confused: