• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New Scores for AQR/FAR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Some info we're putting out to mids at USNA...

As directed by the Deputy Chief of Naval Operations for Manpower and Personnel, the required scores on the ASTB for Navy pilot and NFO have been raised to the following:
Pilot: AQR 4/PFAR 5

NFO: AQR 4/FOFAR 5

1. Background. The U.S. Navy and Marine Corps Aviation Selection Test Battery (ASTB) was developed by the Bureau of Medicine and Surgery (BUMED) in conjunction with Naval Aerospace Medical Institute (NAMI) at Pensacola, Florida. Any midshipmen considering aviation as a career choice must pass this exam before service selection.
2. Test Battery. The ASTB takes about 3.0 hours to complete and consists of the following tests:

A. Math Skills: A 25-minute test of computational skill and mathematical aptitude.

B. Reading Comprehension: A 25-minute test of ability to extract information from text passages.

C. Mechanical Comprehension: A 15-minute test of ability to perceive physical relationships and solve practical problems in mechanics.

D. Spatial Apperception: A 10-minute test of ability to perceive spatial relationships from various orientations.

E. Aviation and Nautical Information: A 15-minute test of knowledge of terminology and concepts relevant to Naval service and aviation.

F. Aviation Supplemental: A 25-minute test of miscellaneous skills and abilities relevant to performance in aviation training.

This test battery of tests has been developed by actuarial methods to predict the success of students in aviation officer training programs. The complete test battery is used as a primary selection instrument for aviation programs by the Navy, Marine Corps, and Coast Guard. The use of these tests to select applicants for aviation training has resulted in annual savings to the Navy well in excess of $10 million.

3. Scoring. Test answer sheets are machine scored at NAMI, Pensacola, Fl. Five scores are derived from weighted combinations of these tests:

A. Academic Qualifications Rating (AQR)
B. Pilot Flight Aptitude Rating (PFAR)
C. Flight Officer Flight Aptitude Rating (FOFAR)
D. Pilot Biographical Inventory (PBI)
E. Flight Officer Biographical Inventory (FOBI)

If you want to to be considered for pilot, you need only to pass the pilot portion of the exam. If you want to be considered for NFO, you need only to pass the NFO portion of the exam.
For Pilot, the AQR and PFAR tests are used to determine your score
For NFO, the AQR and FOFAR tests are used to determine your score.

Qualifying scores must meet certain minimums which are determined with recommendations by the CHIEF, BUMED. Scores can be found under the Midshipmen Personnel Information Web Site on the USNA Web Page. Minimum qualifying test scores for both the Navy and Marine Corps are as follows:

NAVY MARINE

AQR 4* AQR 4
PFAR 5* PFAR 6
FOFAR 5* FOFAR 6

4. Retesting. With the issue of the updated tests (i.e., Forms 3, 4, and 5), the maximum number of times you may take the updated tests is three - each Form once. There is a waiting period of 30 days between your first exposure to the test and the second. A waiting period of 90 days applies to all subsequent tests taken. The previous official scores will be erased. ONCE YOU PASS, YOUR SCORES ARE GOOD FOR LIFE! YOU MUST PASS THIS TEST TO BECOME AN AVIATOR!

agentamulek

Do you happen to know how the aviation supplement is factored into the oar if at all? Or any other tests for that matter....I just took the test and I felt good about all of the previous sections, but thta one threw me for a loop, so I am interested to know how that may affect me. Thanks for any info you can provide

Status
Not open for further replies.