• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New PT gear?

Flyboylance

New VR FTS select
pilot
I have searched on this site as well as others trying to find out where I can get my hands on the new Navy PT gear. I went on nex website and it is still the old stuff. Any info will help.

Thanks in advance,

V/R
Lance

Great question. All active duty are supposed to switch over by Oct 01. But you can't buy it on navy-nex.com.

Love to hear an answer for those away from a large NEX.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Try calling the 1-800 number for the Navy Exchange.....but you might want to wait until they work out all the kinks before purchasing. BTW, they have them at the NEX in San Diego.....maybe you can call a buddy there? At 25 bucks a set, I'd wait.

-ea6bflyr ;)

RobNavy929

I've heard quite a few people complaining about the New PT gear but I do not personally believe its really that bad. Especially when being compared to what the Marines wear for PT.

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
At 25 bucks a set, I'd wait.

It isn't the $25 that'll keep me from buying them...

Someone said the gear was available at the Misawa BX. Which would make sense, everything with don't need, nothing we do need.

I'll wait until someone forces me at gun point.

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
I've seen them at every exchange I've been to in the last 2 months: Whiting, Corpus, and Oceana.

The shirt is nice enough, but that damn "modesty liner" in the shorts is teh ghey.

robav8r

None
Contributor
I'm not sure what gets me more excited, the "new" PT gear for the ever-important "command PT day," or the pending arrival of the new, digital camouflage working uniform. I think I'll just stay in my flight suit for now !
:icon_carn

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
what's especially stupid about the PT gear is that it will be for PRTs - when you should be as comfortable as possible! The AF, for all their stupid uniform rules, at least has this one right (here anyhow), wear your PT gear for command PT, wear whatever you want for the PRT.

I'm all about command PT (so long as it doesn't extend my already long days). There are too many fat bodies in the Navy and I like to PT. So if you're going to have a ghey uniform for PT, do it only for command PT, not the damn PRT.

jazzdude

what's especially stupid about the PT gear is that it will be for PRTs - when you should be as comfortable as possible! The AF, for all their stupid uniform rules, at least has this one right (here anyhow), wear your PT gear for command PT, wear whatever you want for the PRT.

Two out if three times that I had to do the AF PFT (PRT) I've had to wear my AF PT gear, and pretty much was optional for all other events beyond that except for the monthly base "formation" run. The one time it was optional was at ASBC (2Lt PME), and that was because we were allowed to wear flight T-shirts we could wear in lieu of the PT shirt, but had to wear the short shorts of the PT uniform.

Python

pilot
Contributor
I read about how the material on the new gear just sucks...it's too heavy and it doesn't "dissipate" your sweat as advertised. Anyway, I can't say until I've worn them but I hope I don't have to anytime soon.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
One of the best things about being a NAVY guy in Iraq without a PT "Uniform" is that we could wear anything and call it Navy PT gear. Come October, that'll change.

-ea6bflyr ;)

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
when I was in VP-5 we didn't have to wear Navy stuff for PT. Hell our AWCS wore freakin' flowered Hawaiian swim trunks...we PRT'd in whatever...must be a command thing.