• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New Navy Wingers get reassigned to Marine Corps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

virtu050

P-8 Bubba
pilot
I heard from an HT friend of mine that they recently announced about 35 Navy helo pilots who just got winged will be recommissioned in the Marine Corps... Does anyone else have any idea if this is accurate?

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Not "just got winged," the ones who will select in the next several months. They will have the privilege of having Marine cobras, 53s, and hueys on their selection sheets.

bch

Helo Bubba
pilot
they do not recommission in the MC, they will have a 48mos tour in the marines, then back to navy land.
they are taking 30 this FY and 30 for FY'05.

While they are going to add these slots as choices on our dream sheet, 30 spots each FY will be handed out, regardless if 30 people voulenteer.

triplejayz

snake driver
Is it the first 30 that take the slots or are they going to spread them out over the 20+ winging classes.

bch

Helo Bubba
pilot
they did not say, statistically probably more people will have it forced on them this FY since the FY is mostly over already. Just my opinion though, it makes sense though.

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
I guess this means I'll have more folks competing for my 53 slot...

Hopefully the majority will want skids.

bch

Helo Bubba
pilot
CO said it was not going to effect marine selections. No one seems sure how this is really going to work from the info we got.

petescheu

Supposedly in jet land they are offering Navy wingees the opportunity to go through TBS and lateral over to the Marines, then fly Marine jets. Marines really need strike pilots (and helo pilots too), the Navy, not so much at all.

lowflier03

So no $hit there I was
pilot
Ive been hearing that as well, Im just curious how it will affect advancement later on. Not to mention that you will have to go through some sort of advanced RAG to learn to to fly 60's when you finally get to come back to the Navy side.

Vic

Your MOM!
pilot
shoo24 said:
Supposedly in jet land they are offering Navy wingees the opportunity to go through TBS and lateral over to the Marines, then fly Marine jets. Marines really need strike pilots (and helo pilots too), the Navy, not so much at all.

Hey shoo,
Too bad they're not letting you go to the AF, since you loved it there!

Status
Not open for further replies.