• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New Navy age waiver: wow, they're really hur

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Shutter

Just got off the phone with my recruiter today and he informed me of a recent upping of the Navy's age waiver for prior service members applying for SNA/NFO.

From my Officer Programs rep in Philly:

Currently... if you have had 24 months or more of active duty service, you can be eligible for SNA up to 31 years of age!!! NFO applicants can enjoy an even more leniency on the age max up to a wopping 32 years!!! Considering the current need for pilot's (and maybe even a need to outdo the AF) this should be little surprise.

Another bit of information thrown my way from my program's rep is that an additional 200 pilot slots will be offered this Oct. (in addition to the pre-existing allotment?) with the new FY! Sounds like this fall and spring are going to be very crazy for the all the folks working down at Pensacola.

Fellow SNA hopefuls...it does not, and will not get any better than this!!!

My recruiter repeatedly emphasized that this extension of the age max is most likely a very temporary thing due to the exceedingly low numbers of pilot applicants this year.

I would be very interested to hear from anyone in the pipeline about any "batch" assignments of grads to communities, ie: whole primary classes being slated for helo's, props, etc??? I've read that this happens sometimes when enlistment #'s are really down and individual communties are especially low on new meat???

Let's all fly Navy!

D

Edited by - Dave Shutter on 16 June 2000

Edited by - Dave Shutter on 16 June 2000

Phoenix

Heh!
This means that I could actually finish the university in my country and the still have enough time to apply . Arn´t recruiters the best ?

DEATH FROM ABOVE!

Phoenix

And by accepting you into the programme, I´m sure they´re gonna get a helluva pilot. Good luck!

DEATH FROM ABOVE!

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Dave, that is great news to hear. As for the selection process, right now (from what I have heard from friends still in Primary) that all the P3 slots have disappeared (the Maritime pool here in Corp is huge, glad I got here ahead of the rush), and most everyone is going Helos, with a few going Jets. Of course, as always, this is a cyclical thing, and is in line with the every present "Needs of the Navy".

ASUPilot

I am in the 5 August OCS class at NAS Pensacola. I have a pilot slot and wanted to know a little bit more about the selection process after Primary. Is it true that many people are going helo's right now?!!! Is there any current data available which states the current percentages of people going fixed-wing versus helo after primary? Thanks in advance.

Hayden

Status
Not open for further replies.