• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Hot new helicopter/rotorcraft news

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
I saw a pic of the construction at NASWF supporting the TH-73. Looks like things are ramping up. Leonardo is also building a separate off base support facility that will service both Navy and commercial off shore ops.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Can't see the video, but I really don't understand the text of the tweet. There's plenty of times the military operates outside of normal SE parameters. And if the argument is it might hurt someone, so can rotor washing someone.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
And now that I figured out I can see the video...

It was doing a "show of force" by hovering over protesters heads.

And it was a poor SOF, which isn't a bad thing. Mostly just a helo hovering out of ground effect, and not nearly as dramatic as the text implies. But after looking at several other tweets from this person, that seems to be the MO...dramatically stating things that aren't necessarily dramatic.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
... But after looking at several other tweets from this person, that seems to be the MO...dramatically stating things that aren't necessarily dramatic.

Isn't that the MO of most news outlets these days?

ChuckMK23

pilot
Isn't that the MO of most news outlets these days?
When the FCC was issuing broadcast licenses to television networks in the 1950s. it came with the stipulation each station broadcast one hour of "informational programming", aka The Evening News.
Where we missed the boat was not adding an additional clause - "you may make money through advertising during the other 23 hours, but the one hour of informational programming must be ad-free."

ChuckMK23

pilot
Looks like training of IP's from TW-5/HT's on the TH-73 has begun.leonardo3.jpg

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Looks like training of IP's from TW-5/HT's on the TH-73 has begun.
Soon the turbofan engines and helo training will just be something the old guys reminisce about.

Out with the old,

In with the new,

ChuckMK23

pilot
  • Flight Safety awarded AHTS TH-73 training and sim contract for Whiting/HT's
  • 18 TH-73 Sims coming to NASWF

The Helo Advanced syllabus is about to be disrupted in a really healthy way. I've heard FS is re-writing the syllabus with considerable injection of Transport Category aircraft style CRM/training event construction - with heavy influence from their S-92 commercial experience.

FS folks have been pushing CNATRA to adopt their 121/135/USAF structured training experience and given a fairly free hand in green-field approach to the helo advanced syllabus. Looks like FS was successful at convincing CNATRA and NAVAIR that their approach was the way to go.