• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Hot new helicopter/rotorcraft news

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
From what I remember, lots of the AF folks live out east in Dothan, or geo-bach commute from Florida and live in an RV/trailer during the week.

Unfortunately that doesn't help with the wife's job. I spent a decent amount of time looking into it. For me, geo-bach'ing just seems to defeat the point of having a good deal job like that.

Waveoff

Per Diem Mafia
None
AT 6'4" I was wavered for butt-knee length in the TH-57 - what a pain! I sat in the TH-119/TH-73 production representative aircraft at Heli-Expo and was pleased with the ergonomics.

Very jealous. When anthro remeasured my sitting height at API I exceeded the 57 req's by <1/4" and they wouldn't let me do a sit check. Curious if the bigger bird becomes that precious "second pipeline" available to those awaiting SNA redes in the NAMI whammy pool due to CNATRA guidelines.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Airbus is notorious for it's large and we'll funded gov/legastlative affairs org - rivals Boeing and LM and the Airbus culture is very aggressive when it comes to lobbying/influencing (bribery & corruption is the norm within French industrial companies), which is why I predicted earlier that the 135 would win the contract award. Their appeal isn't surpring.

But honestly Leonardo has the deal firmly in hand I think and I heard there is applause on all corners of NAVAIR and CNATRA.

You future HT IP's gave some good times to look forward to! The poor guy who has been making lumbar pads for the TH-57 will be SOL. The TH-73 seats are comfy and anthro friendly ?

So every CNATRA aircraft that's not a jet will be PT-6 powered - that's cool.

TexasForever

pilot
You actually believed that story?

What common parts would those be? How exactly would that work? Parts are either RFI or they aren’t.
Something along the lines of if it barely meets tolerances it goes to the MV-22 line. I think this was in regards to blade tip weights or whatever you hybrid types have

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
That’s absolute nonsense.
Something along the lines of if it barely meets tolerances it goes to the MV-22 line. I think this was in regards to blade tip weights or whatever you hybrid types have

That’s absolute nonsense. Again, how would such a scheme even work? What does “barely meets tolerances” even mean? There are factory specs. They’re all binary.

The aircraft all get inspections and full cards from government pilots before delivery. Any deviations from spec get formally written up and have to get accepted by the government. Often the company has to refund money if its significant or delays the delivery to fix.

Besides, there are 52 USAF V-22s and 360 Marine V-22s. Most of the parts are going to MVs by numbers alone.

Somebody was trying to create an urban legend.

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
Interesting concept from Bell: taking a fenstrom, multiplying it x 4, and then using an electric drive. Kudos to Bell for thinking outside the box. Will be curious to see if this catches on - certainly like the idea of less mechanical linkages back to the tail rotor. In this case, Bell is experimenting with the 429 light twin.

Bell Achieves Electric Anti-Torque Flight First

https://aviationweek.com/aerospace/bell-achieves-electric-anti-torque-flight-first

Bell developing fan-driven electric anti-torque system