• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New Guy; Officer Package Question

skillz

Hey Guys, I've been lurking in the AW shadows for a while and have picked up some great information and gouge. I do however have a question that I haven't really found the answer to.

I am going to apply for the CWO to pilot as well as STA-21. My question is, does anyone know if I get picked up for CWO to pilot, since the results come out in July, will the Navy allow me to wait to accept until the STA-21 results come out in October? Im not really sure how that works, and my CCC is pretty clueless about everything. Any knowledge would be greatly appreciated.

cyristvirus

STA-21 FY08 College Dude
I think there is a time requirement on accepting the program that you get picked for. The STA-21 department also requires that you keep them up-to-date on your situation and I think it would be kind of messed up to be selected for one program and take that spot just to get selected for another program and take that spot also.

To find a better answer to your question you may want to contact the STA-21 department directly.

Good luck!

skillz

yeah I was thinking that too. If I was to get picked up for CWO it would be kind of shady to hold up that spot waiting on the results of another program. However, I really wouldn't be taking somebodys spot, if I decline an alternate WOULD take my place. No harm would be done.

cyristvirus

STA-21 FY08 College Dude
I agree with you in that sense, but there is someone who didn't even get an alternate spot because of the situation. Its just my opinion and I think that Ed at the STA-21 department would be able to help you with your question.

Good luck to you

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
I say apply to both and take which ever one is offered to you. Getting accepted for both is kind of a best-case scenario that would be pretty unlikely. Both programs have their drawbacks and strengths, but if you just want to get in the cockpit no matter what kind of commission you take, I would apply for both.

BourneID

pilot
Skillz, this year we had that exact thing happen, actually two gfuys picked up OCS and took it, bringing in two alternates for the CWO program, another guy was selected for STA-21 and declined it, therefore letting in an alternate in STA-21 for an NFO spot. Shouldn't be an issue, apply for everything you are qualified for.

skillz

Thanks Bourne, thats what I was hoping to hear. Just wasn't sure if I would be allowed to wait for the results of STA-21 "if" I did get picked up for CWO Pilot.