• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New Biography Section

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red2

E-2 NFO. WTI. DH.
None
Here's a heads up to guys applying in the future, I was part of a "focus group" today to look at a new biography section the Navy is planning on putting out. We were told that it is necessary to further separate a large number of applicants into a few slots. It will consist of 50-80 questions (the version we took had 100) asking the details of your personal hobbies, athletics, and academic achievements. Now some of you guys may say, "They had that when I took the ASTB X years ago." Yeah, the biography section was there when I took it two years ago, but this version is much more detailed. They ask names, dates, places for just about everything you put down. The reason is this: They are planning on investigating a random number of applicants as well as the ones who appear to be just too perfect. They are asking details so if you lie, you will get caught. So this is yet another reason to remain completely honest throughout the entire application process.

And before you ask, no I don't know when this new version will be out. All they told us was that it was being developed and the final version will be available for applicants to fill out on the web.

That's pretty much the gist of it. It took away two hours (the actual test was only about 20-30 min the rest was critiquing and the commute) of my life so I figure I should at least be able to share it on here, if nothing else. I'll try to answer what questions you have, but aside from the test I took, I don't know much else.

airpirate25

Grape Ape...Grape Ape
When I went through, we did all this Myers-briggs stuff that sort of didn't make much sense at the time. Everything about the flight program seemed very "cookie-cutter", probably because in my day, we had less studs coming in then were offered slots to, and I guess the Navy figured the "shotgun" method worked best. Now that the Navy is in a "downsize" mode, and starting to really wonder about attrition numbers from flight training, it probably isn't such a bad thing. I realize all of you are gogin to say, "yeah right, whatever", but down the road, I'd rather have smarter and older guys with start determine if I couldn't make it, rather than be given an opportunity to do the unattainable. Commissioning programs are not air-tight at determining your abilities, and sometimes, especially in aviation, you either can or you can't.

Status
Not open for further replies.