• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New ASTB rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

willfly4food

Is it true that now you are only allowed to take the ASTB twice? I've already taken it twice and my scores weren't that great. I've since earned my private pilot certificate and have learned a lot more and was looking forward to taking it this time. I was also looking forward to taking it again because the first time I only used the Arco study guides and have heard that the gouge on this site is better. Anybody know for sure?

JKD

The wait between the first and second is 30 days (can take the test on day 31). After the second try you have to wait 180 days between tests. (I'm pretty sure on the number of days, but not 100%)

JDSINGLE

I just heard the other day from my OSO's assistant that it's been changed to twice, period. Not confirmed yet. Awaiting confirmation like the rest. But I'd contact your OSO or local recruiter. They might know.

willfly4food

Hey thanks guys. JD, it was one of your recent topics that made me ask that question. If you hear any confirmation before I do, let me know.

Rugger

Super Moderatress
Super Moderator
Contributor
Just got my ASTB results, and on the letter dated XX Jan 04 from NAMI, it says, "Current
official scores will not expire, but they will be replaced by new scores if the applicant retests. Applicants are eligible for retesting on the 31st day following the first test and on 181st day for all subsequent tests."

I did well enough. No subsequent tests for me.

Ruck on -
Rugger

Status
Not open for further replies.