• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New Anthro Standards

Status
Not open for further replies.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
quote:What really worries me is that the next ten years in the Navy is going to be the same

James, I have had the opportunity over my last 10 years in to work with every community in the Navy, from Dive to Submarines, and now Aviation. Except of course Surface Warfare, but heck, we can all agree that they are just floating targets anyways... but I digress. Sadly to say, you going through one of the roughest times, that of joining the Navy, and getting into the club. I have met some great people, been to some wild places, and done things (sigh sounds like a TV ad) that most people dream about, and now, here I find myself on the verge of reporting to my first Fleet P3 Squadron, and I say to myself, "I'm getting paid to do this?".

There are always going to be those people that don't care, that the Navy is the source of all their problems, you are going to run into them. As far as I am concerned, they aren't in MY Navy, I'm in the Navy that looks out for its shipmates, that works hard, has a good time, and is proud of what it does. I've been at the wrong end of a needle gun, port and starboard watches for months on end, and doing a hull inspection in the lovely water at Norfolk during winter. But I have also had some wild times in Curacao on liberty, swim calls off the coast of St. Croix, two tours of duty in Hawaii, eaten chow while watching live periscope footage of the ass end of a carrier piped over the TV, and damnit, the Navy is letting me fly planes for a living!

Damnit, what I am trying to say, don't let those recruiter weenies get you down, there are some great times ahead, and some real shitty ones too, but you wouldn't be going through all this shit if you didn't want to fly and be the best, if that wasn't what you wanted, you'd be down the hall talking to an Air Farce recruiter.

Dave Shutter

Concur with John...your time in uniform is going to be WHAT YOU MAKE OF IT! True: there's a seemingly never ending stream of hardhsip that goes along with deploying, field excercises and just generally spending time in this world god-forsaken type places, (where we always find ourselves) regardless of duty. You can let the BS roll off and make the most of the good stuff and enjoy what few people can, or you sit there and cry about all the little sh*t like a lot of guys do.

BTW, a little heads up; all the BS, beuracracy, politics, and pin-headed middle managers you may experience in the military, well quess what, when you leave the service and go to work for a big company quess what you'll get to deal with every hour of every day: the exact same thing! I know, I've been doing it since 93'!

Wow Mahler, a JAG officer! I thought I had it bad; what probems have you had?

D

D

Mahler

Well, when you join via the BDCP, you have to sign a contract basically saying you'll get good grades, graduate on time, stay out of trouble, etc.... The problem came with the grades part. It says I have to keep a 2.7 Cum GPA or else I get booted from the program. My last two semesters were the hardest classes in the whole curriculum and I got a 2.5 and a 2.4. This really doesn't mean anything becuse my Cum GPA is still a 3.4. However, I got a letter from CNRC saying I was going to get kicked out the program, have to give up my pilot slot and serve two years enlisted instead. They told me the contract said I have to keep a 2.7 each semester. I argued with them till I was blue in the face, but they wouldn't budge. Finally I contacted the JAG office in San Diego to see what they thought. I went over the entire contract with a JAG officer for about an hour and she told me that I was right and I could get straight D's until I graduated as long as my cum stays at least a 2.7. I actually sat down and figured it out, and if I did get straight D's till I gradute, I'd still have a 2.9. Anyway, she started a file on me and offered to call up CNRC. I told them I'd handle it and use her as a back up. I called up my recruiting district and told them I had talked to a JAG officer. All of a sudden they began to agree with me... hmmm..... What I really enjoyed about the whole thing is that I was dealing with it during finals week. I told the recruiting district I was done worrying about my grades after this ordeal.

This all happend not more than four months ago, and it looks like I'll be calling JAG again soon to deal with another issue with documents. Don't worry, this one will be another slam dunk for me. Those guys really outta get hooked on phonics of something. I'll let you know the details after the dust settles.

P.S. Has anyone else noticed how forums end up discussing something completely differnt than the original topic?

James

Beowulf

Hey, i am not sweating the anthro measurments, because I'm 5'6" and not that big a guy. But I was wondering is there a webpage where I can look at all the anthro measurments? As well are there different standards for NFO's and Pilots? Any help is appreciated.

Iraqi rilfe for sale. Never fired, dropped once.

vicki

There is a NOMI page with anthro standards, but these are not the most current standards. The standards are no longer "your functional reach must be x inches etc." The new standards are a computer algorhythm (sp?) that factors in sitting height, functional reach, and buttock to knee length. It is no longer any one measurement that determines whether you fit in a particular airframe, but certain combinations of measurements.

There are different anthros for pilots than for NFOs. Notably sitting height must be greater for a pilot because of the absolute necessity of being visual outside of the cockpit (over the glare shield) during all manuevers. Buttock to knee lengths are identical - both need to fit ejection seats. Functional reach varies from aircraft to aircraft depending on what each crewmember has to be able to reach. In general though - pilot anthros are much more restrictive than NFO requirements (except for E-2/C-2).

At 5'6" you should be golden as long as you are proportional.

Status
Not open for further replies.