• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New Age Limit for Naval Aviators?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone been a long time member and interested in flying for the US for a while.

I was previously talking to a recruiter and we were able to to get my package together and submitted ASAP as I turn 27 in the fall. I was pro-rep'd as a result and still am in disbelief and grateful. I'm aware of the non-prior limit of 26 years old when you commission, however my recruiter just told me they raised the limit to 32? I tried looking up the new policy but couldn't find it via NAVADMIN or any other publications.

I'm currently in a Masters program studying International Relations and with the updated policy I asked if I could complete my studies first, then ship out summer 2020. He told me someone had a similar situation, was told to reapply, and didn't get recommended.

I understand the commitment factor, I'd be willing to sign orders now for a year delay if that's the case, but wouldn't the education make me more complete for the Navy? I don't understand how an MPA and immediate training date would be mutually exclusive if the Navy has shown clear interest in me and I would only be a more qualified candidate with the completion of my degree.

All comes at a time of transition when I'm supposed to be heading out to a Federal Gov internship for my MPA program's experiential requirements, but won't take it if I'm shipping out shortly (as originally expected in June/July). The latest update was "within 4 month ship date guarantee," which is frustrating when I put everything on hold for the original June/July expected ship date.

TLDR: Can I get a confirm of the raised age limit, is there some sort of delayed entry program for a year? How would it look if I chose to continue my studies then reapply?

Thank you for the help!

TF7325

pilot
Contributor
There have been other posts on this. Try using the search function. In before the lock ✌?

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Hi everyone been a long time member and interested in flying for the US for a while.

I was previously talking to a recruiter and we were able to to get my package together and submitted ASAP as I turn 27 in the fall. I was pro-rep'd as a result and still am in disbelief and grateful. I'm aware of the non-prior limit of 26 years old when you commission, however my recruiter just told me they raised the limit to 32? I tried looking up the new policy but couldn't find it via NAVADMIN or any other publications.

I'm currently in a Masters program studying International Relations and with the updated policy I asked if I could complete my studies first, then ship out summer 2020. He told me someone had a similar situation, was told to reapply, and didn't get recommended.

I understand the commitment factor, I'd be willing to sign orders now for a year delay if that's the case, but wouldn't the education make me more complete for the Navy? I don't understand how an MPA and immediate training date would be mutually exclusive if the Navy has shown clear interest in me and I would only be a more qualified candidate with the completion of my degree.

All comes at a time of transition when I'm supposed to be heading out to a Federal Gov internship for my MPA program's experiential requirements, but won't take it if I'm shipping out shortly (as originally expected in June/July). The latest update was "within 4 month ship date guarantee," which is frustrating when I put everything on hold for the original June/July expected ship date.

TLDR: Can I get a confirm of the raised age limit, is there some sort of delayed entry program for a year? How would it look if I chose to continue my studies then reapply?

Thank you for the help!

Use the search function. Applicants have a 42% improved chance of success when they search for answers on their own instead of asking strangers to help them.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Locked in order to keep the number of these threads to a minimum.

Status
Not open for further replies.