• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Never quit ! Road to gold !!

williamheckstall

Cleartoland63
Good afternoon everyone ! I’ve been apart of Airwarriors for about 4 years . I’ve always knew I wanted to become a Naval Aviator from the time I was little boy growing up near a local class D airport , as a child I use to get goose bumps as a child seeing planes takeoff and land,but For for now to make a long story short my ASTB journey started back in 2018 . Being a college senior I thought I could go in and take the test and boy was I wrong ! I scored a whopping Oar score of 35
AQR 1 PFAR 2 FOFAR 1 . I was shocked at the complexity of the questions and I soon began to study for a whole year . One year later (2019) I went in and score a OAR 34 AQR 3 PFAR 5 FOFAR 4. I got and even lower OAR score the second time !! Afterwards I soon realized I only had one more attempt one making my dream come true .I search continuously for different ASTB books and tutors nothing ! And I was devastated. A year later luckily I ran into a guy on a group I’m apart of ,which he has became a good buddy of mines, reached out to me and offered to start a study group ,before you knew it became 3 guys , then 4 , and so on . Before you knew it we had about 8 guys in our study group. We had study extremely hard and I learned a wealth of knowledge from a great group of gentlemen . As of today I’m proud to say I’ve pass the ASTB with scores of
OAR 47
AQR :6
PFAR :7
FOFAR :6
math skills : no binar, most was drt,average questions and pemdas, complex fractions
Reading : write down ABCD and use Process of elimination
Mech comp: gears , pulleys , basic kinmactics , also kinetic energy and potential energy questions
ANIT :most were ppl written questions , I had a few about navy history aircraft such as the avenger , and dauntless
PBM: for the listening part have one headphone on and the other one off !
Vertical tracking there a huge dead zone ... just be smooth and light on the controls

Airplane tracking : play COD inverted ,play COD inverted,play COD inverted,play COD inverted,play COD inverted? no serious play COD inverted
Emergency procedures : write em down a be quick

UAV: draw the compass and be fast but accurate !! If you found yourself moving to fast and getting a few wrong reduce your speed slightly !