• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Neil Armstrong's Aviator Logbook – NAVAER-4111 (REV. 9-44)

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
That's pretty cool. Interesting to see how a lot of the standards have continued to be carried over, like red for night. You can also see the "birth" of TMR codes on his 3rd or 4th month of flying. I wouldn't have guessed they went back that far.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
3SEP51 "Bailed out over Pohang" with a little drawing of a parachute.
No little parachute in my logbook for the ejection over Vinh. Just the 25 June '66 green ink notation in the remarks: "CVA-61 A/C lost"!:eek:
BzB

Attachments

• Log Page 18-25 June 1966.jpg
    Log Page 18-25 June 1966.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 96
  • BusyBee 604 Ejection Painting.jpg
    BusyBee 604 Ejection Painting.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 68

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Not to be macabre, but given the routine, maybe even even droll nature of the entries in BzB's and Armstrong's logs, I am wondering, if there is an entry, what it might be like if aircraft and crew were lost.

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Not to be macabre, but given the routine, maybe even even droll nature of the entries in BzB's and Armstrong's logs, I am wondering, if there is an entry, what it might be like if aircraft and crew were lost.

Looks like appropriate TMR codes in this case would end in O8.

rondebmar

Ron "Banty" Marron
pilot
Contributor

Something like this: 8 Apr 1963 (Under Remarks ...) "Jim Xxxxxxx spins in" (First day of Med Cruise ...Flight leader and I were first on scene) or this ...

6 Jan 1965 (Under Remarks ...) "Djelfa, Algeria - Wheels Up - Crash Landing - Taken Prisoner"

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
No little parachute in my logbook for the ejection over Vinh. Just the 25 June '66 green ink notation in the remarks: "CVA-61 A/C lost"!:eek:
BzB
A VERY happy 48th anniversary... "Busy Bee 604" lost at 1045 hrs Hanoi time on 06/25/1966. Posted at 1045 hrs PDT, today 06/25/2014.:eek:

If interested, a 13-page narrative of this incident, and dramatic SAR & double rescue under fire by a Navy helo, is available by e-mailing me at bzb604@cox.net . I will e-mail it back with the narrative as a readable attachment.:)
BusyBee 604.jpg
BzB

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
BzB, forgive me, but I've lost track...

Is the text of your narrative here on the site? If it is (and you desired), we can copy and paste the text into your thread for posterity. If this was already done, then disregard, I've just lost track of the audio attachment versus the narrative.