• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Negative reactions to the Nasal Spray, Flonase

nvrg1vup

Has anyone had any negative reactions to the nasal spray, Flonase? I am curious because I got off the spray and felt much better, but most of the doctors I've talked to revere it as the "miracle spray". If you have, how long did you end up taking it and what were you're reactions?

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
Has anyone had any negative reactions to the nasal spray, Flonase? I am curious because I got off the spray and felt much better, but most of the doctors I've talked to revere it as the "miracle spray". If you have, how long did you end up taking it and what were you're reactions?

They get perks to say that ...
I happen to have quite a few people close to me who are members of the drug racket called the pharmaceutical industry. I know there are amazing drugs out there saving lives and making people live more comfortably, but our nation is being drugged beyond excess.

Nose

pilot
I used Flonase for a while. Did an awesome job of controlling my SAR. (Seasonal Allergenic Rhinitis a.k.a. Hay Fever)

But it was hard on my schnoz. Nose was dry and painful. Lots of bloody noses.

These days, since I don't have NAMI to worry about, I chew 1 X childrens benedryl when my allergies act up. Helps and doesn't make me sleepy.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm on the magic flight doc Flonase/Allegra combo for indoor allergies, and it works great. That said, according to my doc, Flonase takes a week or two to work and will actually make things worse before it makes them better. Also, if you go off it it will do the same.

Goober

Professional Javelin Catcher
None
I used Flonase for a while. Did an awesome job of controlling my SAR. (Seasonal Allergenic Rhinitis a.k.a. Hay Fever)

But it was hard on my schnoz. Nose was dry and painful. Lots of bloody noses.

Exactly my experience. There's something in the Fallon area that predictably sets mine off pretty badly. Doc gives me Flonase, and yeah it works after a few days; but I spend the entire det with bloody noses and a mild sore throat for the time I'm using it. Been through the whole experience multiple times, and it's always the same.

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
Yeah, I took Flonase and have some Allegra but never needed it. I only shot up when my nose was going crazy and took care of things right away. Never used on a daily/regular schedule.

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I use Flonase and haven't had any problems. If you just start taking it you'll have the bloody nose problem for a few days, but it goes away. The same thing happens if you stop taking it. I don't know about it being a miracle drug, but it definitely works for me.