• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Need uniforms at a reasonable price

Orion07

So I made it! DCO, I can leave my enlisted uniforms behind. With all the exitement I went and bought a set of kakis online via the NEX site. Since I'm still in the Reserves I have access to the online store.. however, one set of kakis, a cover, collar devices, and there goes $100. Woww... then, for my commissioning ceremony I need to wear whites, after ordering online, the bill for only ONE white CNT, cap and shoes included... $180... and I have not even began to buy any blues... We only get $400 and this is going to run me at least a grand, and if I go wild, like my family wants me to, with the choker, the sword, and evertything, the bill will top $2k. It will be cheaper to fly to Norfolk to a uniform thrift shop and fly back than to buy all this stuff online.... any suggestions?

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
About what size are you? I have got a set of SDB's and some khakis that my fat butt doesn't fit me anymore, PM me for details.

Beans

*1. Loins... GIRD
pilot
You can probably leave the sword out if you're trying to save money. It seems cool, but I don't know any peers who have used theirs at 3 years post-commissioning.

And that's my hundredth post!

FlyinSpy

Mongo only pawn, in game of life...
Contributor
Ebay - no shit. You can find all kinds of stuff on there, including swords. I too am appalled at how much uniforms are costing these days - had to buy my first set of khakis in 7 years since, strangely, the ones I have seem to have shrunk...