• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Need some info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stlpilot

I just started to put together my pilot app but still have some questions. I spoke with my recruiter today who was not too sure of anything. He says their are very few slots for this year left but that it may be better in the next month or two. Anybody able to confirm this? I have searched the board and tried to ask the recruiter but still need some help on understanding some questions any help is
appreciated.

1.) How many times can you submit your application to the Navy? In the Air Force you get two rejections then you must wait 6 months to try again.

2.) If the slots are filled for this year will the board even accept you package? And is the Navys fiscal year the same as the Air Force (Sept)?

3.) Is this term "SNA" I keep seeing only for Marines or does it go for Navy as well?

4.) Any rumors or suggestions on how high of scores you might need for this competative year?

6.) last one, my recruiter has described the application process as two fold: first you turn in some basic paperwork (Application,transcrips, and a few other things) then he turns that stuff in to somewhere and if they are interested in you then you send a complete package with letters of Rec, physical test scores, ect. Is that right? I only ask cause when I originally persued the Navy 2 years ago it seemed a bit different.

WFU2USN

Stlpilot,

Answers...as far as I know...I hope the info. helps...

1. I've never heard of a limit on re-submissions for Navy OCS packages. However, if you do get rejected after your intial try, make sure to make some changes to make your package even better - LOR's, ATSB Score, PRT, etc.

2. The fiscal year is the same for all military services - new one begins 0ct. 1. Are slots filled...
banghead_125.gif
good question...it seems to depend on who you ask.

3. SNA - Student Naval Aviator - it does apply to the Navy as well.

4. What is/is not a competitive score??? It depends on the overall strength of your package - GPA, prior service, PRT, ATSB, etc. A higher score on the ATSB will definitely help, but no guarantee -- study! study! Do well!!

5. I know the minimum is 40...as far as a max, I have no idea.
apple_125.gif

6. Yes the application process has changed to this 2-part thing - that's a very recent change.

Well, I hope that helps!!

Robin
bigeyes2_125.gif

Stlpilot

Well I will find out my scores tommorow the recruiter had to dig them up, then I will post them to get everyones opinion to see if I should consider retaking the test. As far as my other stuff give me your opinion if you want

GPA: 2.8 in Aeronautics, and worked full time to put myself through school.

Flight time: 1700 CFI

Letters of Rec from: Nuclear Sub skipper, XO from a carrier, a Lt Commander in INTEL, High school Coach/teacher, Army cobra pilot

PFT: Pushups: 50, situps: 75, the run 11:50

Got some extra curricular stuff like: volunteer service for youth aviation club, Team captain in 2 Varsity sports.

WFU2USN

stl,

Make sure in your personal statement you emphasize the fact that you had to work full time to put yourself through school. That can be very important. I had to do the same thing and I know it impacted my GPA.

My other suggestion is to keep working on the PFT - the better your scores, the more competitive your package!! :)

Good Luck!!

Robin

Status
Not open for further replies.