• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Need Some Advice

mrobinson3803

Hi,

I am a freshman this year at Florida Institute of Technology. I am studying Aerospace Engineering. I am wondering when I should start talking to a recruiter about BDCP and where. I am from Atlanta, Ga and I am not sure whether I should get a recruiter back home or here. I also wanted to know when I should start talking to a recruiter about BDCP. I know that I can't apply until I am 36 months from graduation, but I feel like it would be better to get to know my recruiter before and go ahead and get my application started so I can apply as soon as possible. Also if you are not selected on your first application can you apply again?

mtsupilot09

"We lookin fo you. We gon find you!"
Since you are a freshman, you will not be eligible to be in BDCP for some time. However, I would say find your nearest officer recruiter and start asking them questions. I was in your same shoes two years ago. This site will help you more than you can imagine. PM me if you have any questions. If I don't know the answer I'll point you in the direction of someone on here who will. And yes, there are many (I would say most) who apply more than once. You can only take the ASTB three times, however. But the only thing keeping your application numbers limited is your age. Best of luck, again, welcome to AW!

schwarti

Contributor
Apply early, apply often. There's no reason to waste time - talk to an officer recruiter, start looking for people who could write you recommendations, start getting in shape. And yes, if you're not selected the first (or second, or third) time, you can apply again. There are some limitations, so ask your OR.

Jeff-Miller

Im from Atlanta also and just got pro-rec'd (profesional recommendation)SNA. Call this number and ask for Chief Warrant Officer Tabb. He will give you all the details you need. 404-607-8913 Imnot sure where in Atlanta you are located, but the downtown office is right behind the Varsity.

SWCS242

SWO in-training
Since you are a freshman, you will not be eligible to be in BDCP for some time. However, I would say find your nearest officer recruiter and start asking them questions. I was in your same shoes two years ago. This site will help you more than you can imagine. PM me if you have any questions. If I don't know the answer I'll point you in the direction of someone on here who will. And yes, there are many (I would say most) who apply more than once. You can only take the ASTB three times, however. But the only thing keeping your application numbers limited is your age. Best of luck, again, welcome to AW!

I could be wrong, but isn't his major considered a technical major? This would allow him to do BDCP for 3 yrs rather than 2 yrs. If this is the case, you should start talking to a recruiter now. It took me almost a year from the time I started talking to my recruiter to the time I swore in.
The only problem with being in BDCP for that long is that you have to stick with your major, but the money is good and well worth it.

Good Luck!!!

UCbearcat

Lawn Dart
pilot
Good Stickied Gouge

http://www.airwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14265

Try reading up on some of that. The post recommends talking to your recruiter starting your freshman year to, as you mentioned, get acquainted with procedures and other things.

Aero Engineering is a technical major, so it would fall under the 36 month requirements.

Welcome to AW, and good luck. Some advice though, just make sure you've got some thick skin. :icon_wink