• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Need Help/Tips/Suggestions STA-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

ditdot1975

SK1(SS)
I am currently an SK1(SS). I have been in the Navy for 10 yrs. just picked up 1st class as my rate has been very tight. I have a very good record. I have always had very good evals, but 1 Promotable. I submitted a statement on that one, but as I went through my commands, my evals have always ended up being Early Promote.

I was a 2nd class at my last command, Qualified Chief of the Watch and Diving Officer of the Watch. Hand selected as Battle Stations Chief of the Watch by my CO, which is a very senior and important watch being onboard a Trident Sub...All normally held by a Chief or above. I have 4 Nams all for many different things.....

When I was in High School, I wasn't the greatest of students. Didn't think it could possibly impact me as much as I am fearing it will. My other downfall is that I do not have a lot of college courses. I am currently enrolled and taking a couple of courses, but am afraid that will kill any chance I have.

I have a Personal Statement for my Application, but I do not feel it has that zing, or whatever you may call it to hold someone's attention enough to make them think that, "Hey, this is our man!!".

I was wondering if anyone out there had any Tips/Suggestions or on an off chance that they would be willing to share their personal statements to get some ideas from.

ANY HELP OR IDEAS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!

devl505

LTJG
pilot
Your personal statement needs to be written with a slightly arrogant tone. You need to make the board feel as if they are making a mistake by not selecting you. Be frank and honest about your reasons for and goals beyond a commission. Don't BS them.

Devl505
STA-21/Boost Class 0402
Grad date 23July2004

Status
Not open for further replies.