• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Need Help Passing PFAR and FOFAR

jgress_unc26

jgress26
Okay, I know I am going to be the very basic applicant posting in here asking for help passing the ASTB. I took the ASTB this morning and it did not go very well. I crammed/studied mostly the Math and blew through that section... then slowed down a little and ended up running out of time on RCT and MCT. I scored fives across the board w/ an OAR of 44. I know my OAR scores have to go up... but if I was able to finish the RCT and MCT I may have been a lot better off.

The reading comprehension section seemed very simple and I only guessed on the last two questions cause the clock was very close to zero. But the MCT was a different story the questions didn't seem that difficult it was just such a time crunch. I do not have an engineering, physics or sciency background except for a minor in computer science which is very irrelevant to the MCT section. Any tips or pointers to passing the MCT section would be greatly appreciated. I have looked at multiple study guides and have gone through a few different practice tests...

But right now I am focusing on how to pass the last two sections which I know have a greater weight on your application and the test itself and I feel like they are much harder to study for... I think I struggled the most in the PBM section. I used the notecard trick, where you rotate it but it did not work very well, missed like five or six... I am also looking for tips on the dichotic listening, which I felt ok on, and the throttle and stick movements.

Also, I feel really stupid because I was operating on less than five hours of sleep, I'm a Senior in 21 credits, which is overloading for those who don't know. So the bottom line is that I probably could've studied much more for this exam and slept a lot more because staying up all night might work for an exam in college but not on a three to four hour exam... I feel like if I was able to stay awake this would never have happened...

But now I am very nervous because I heard the test gets harder after you've already taken it. Meaning the level of difficulty on each question is higher. Could someone please confirm or deny this?!?

If you read this far thank you!! Any comments/suggestions would be very much appreciated... Also the next time I take this exam will be my last chance... previously scored 3,5,5 w/ 32 on the OAR.

Scimitarze

Automated Member
Okay, I know I am going to be the very basic applicant posting in here asking for help passing the ASTB. I took the ASTB this morning and it did not go very well. I crammed/studied mostly the Math and blew through that section... then slowed down a little and ended up running out of time on RCT and MCT. I scored fives across the board w/ an OAR of 44. I know my OAR scores have to go up... but if I was able to finish the RCT and MCT I may have been a lot better off.

The reading comprehension section seemed very simple and I only guessed on the last two questions cause the clock was very close to zero. But the MCT was a different story the questions didn't seem that difficult it was just such a time crunch. I do not have an engineering, physics or sciency background except for a minor in computer science which is very irrelevant to the MCT section. Any tips or pointers to passing the MCT section would be greatly appreciated. I have looked at multiple study guides and have gone through a few different practice tests...

But right now I am focusing on how to pass the last two sections which I know have a greater weight on your application and the test itself and I feel like they are much harder to study for... I think I struggled the most in the PBM section. I used the notecard trick, where you rotate it but it did not work very well, missed like five or six... I am also looking for tips on the dichotic listening, which I felt ok on, and the throttle and stick movements.

Also, I feel really stupid because I was operating on less than five hours of sleep, I'm a Senior in 21 credits, which is overloading for those who don't know. So the bottom line is that I probably could've studied much more for this exam and slept a lot more because staying up all night might work for an exam in college but not on a three to four hour exam... I feel like if I was able to stay awake this would never have happened...

But now I am very nervous because I heard the test gets harder after you've already taken it. Meaning the level of difficulty on each question is higher. Could someone please confirm or deny this?!?

If you read this far thank you!! Any comments/suggestions would be very much appreciated... Also the next time I take this exam will be my last chance... previously scored 3,5,5 w/ 32 on the OAR.
I would hold off on your 3rd attempt after the semester. You seem to be trying to tackle everything all at once and it's wearing you down.