• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Need Gouge

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevew

I seem to be having trouble with the spacial apperception section on the ASTB. The Marine Study Guide and the ARCO book all have one image on it but when you get to the exam the pictures are completly different. Does anyone have any material to help me improve on that section. Also, I need help with the mechanical comprehension section, this is a weak area for me. I checked out the archive and I noticed that there were some resposes with ASTB gouge. If anyone has anything can they please PM it to me?

Thank you

soulshaker14

Have you taken the ASTB before? I took Form 1 about 3 weeks ago; as far as I can tell, the Marine Study guide is very helpful (including the spacial app part), and nearly identical to the actual test. Unfortunately I didn't stumble across this site until AFTER I took Form 1 (I used the ARCO book, which is worthless as far as I'm concerned, and scored a lousy 2/3/3). Anyway, I think if you study the gouge on this site, you'll be good to go. Just study basic principles of algebra and geometry, as well as basic fundamentals of flight (basic maneuvers), and familiarize yourself with terms like "yawl", "sloop", etc and you'll be good to go. Hope this helps.

Spin

SNA in Meridian
As far as the spatial appercention ... it might sound stupid but (as someone also said on another post) ... play some flight sim games. It kinda get's you used to the different banks, climbs, etc. Especially if you have never had any flight experience.

stevew

Thanks Spin I'll have to try that.
smgreen_125.gif
Any suggestions for the mechanical comp. section?

wildflyin69

Grad of OCS 187 Charlie Co. 3rd Plt.
yeah flight sim games are actually pretty good for that...I took the liberty of drawing a lot of my own examples that were much more exaggerated than the ARCO book, did them quickly without thinking about it too much so when I tested myself on them there were so many that it was almost as if I was seeing them for the first time. I felt it helped a lot and gave me better examples than the ARCO book did. Also during the test I used my hand to simulate what I was seeing and it helped me move along quicker without making a mistake.

"Push the stick foward, the houses get bigger; pull back, the houses get smaller... unless you keep pulling back, then they get bigger again."

Status
Not open for further replies.