• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy reserves to Active Duty

dustydog

pilot
Your best shot is getting on with a Reserve Squadron and trying to get on ADSW or mobilized. The Active Component usual will not take you back after you "quit" because of the perceived timing issues. Not saying that it won't happen, just unlikely. VR-46 is in Atlanta and might have some SelRes openings, give them a call.

Pugs

Back from the range
None
Whats your designator? It depends on what you have and if they have a need for it.

Former H-46D Bubba with a short stint in Huey's. C-12 Pilot.

I'm gonna guess 1310/20 ;)

For my part I'd give the Active Duty detailer a call and see what their thoughts are. If they need you, then I have to think you're not the first one down the path.

FlyBoyd

Out to Pasture
pilot
Islandhopper..

Be advised that VR-46 has been slated to move to NAS JRB Fort Worth by the latest BRAC. They should be moving within the next year or so and OBTW...they will eventually become a C-130 squadron (vice C-9s). Scuttlebutt is they will lose most of their SELRES (fair amount of Delta guys) in the move and are looking for new players.

If you don't mind a move from Georgia to get what you want there are plenty of options. As stated before call the appropriate PERS 43 detailer and ask. For the SELRES path you need to start mingling with a squadron and get yourself known. Squadrons in good locations are tight. On the otherhand, VR-54 in New Orleans has a hard time keeping their SELRES slots filled. The ADSW can be entertained once onboard and that is a whole other can of worms.