• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy Recruiter seeking information

mwwagoner

My name is LT Michael Wagoner and I am currently a Navy Officer Recruiter down in College Station, TX. I am new to the recruiting world and wanted to get some information from current reservists as I will be goaled with Reserve Component accessions as well as AC. I wanted to be able to speak to the reserve crowd (especially IDC/Supply since there are two graduate schools here at TX A&M that should produce good prospecting)

What are the top benefits of serving in the Reserve component? For example what kind of education, networking opportunities, retirement and drill pay are avaialable. What can I focus on to encourage folks to go into the reserves? What makes it worth their while and benefits applicants the most in which they will be most interested?

I have also set up a blog www.recruitingcommand.com/texasnavy/ where I have put all the documents for AC applications and am working to get reserve documents uploaded as well. In this blog I want to be able to post real stories from actual reservists that can help candidates understand what they are getting into and what they can expect being a drilling reservists. Things such as IA's, drilling formats/weekends, units to be affiliated with and so on.

Any help would be great and I would like to post some stories from the fleet on this blog so keep that in mind if you plan to respond. I do appreciate the opportunity to get these folks in the Navy and want to give them as much information as possible to make an informed decision when applying.

Cordially,
LT Michael Wagoner
Recruiter NORS College Station
(979) 696-2600
michael.wagoner1@navy.mil