• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy OCS Pre Shipping PRT

JimIII

I am shipping to OCS in late May and my officer recruiter is wanting to do a PRT this week for what I'm assuming is the pre OCS PRT. I understand that the IST for OCS must be completed with satisfactory-medium standards so I'm assuming thats what the standards will be for this pre-shipping PRT as well?

I can currently complete a PRT at the moment at a good-low/good-medium level but I'm concerned my OR will be disappointed as its only a few levels above satisfactory-medium and I've heard scores drop during the IST at OCS. To any of you who did a pre-shipping PRT, how much lower were your scores at the IST?

Mouselovr

Contributor
I am shipping to OCS in late May and my officer recruiter is wanting to do a PRT this week for what I'm assuming is the pre OCS PRT. I understand that the IST for OCS must be completed with satisfactory-medium standards so I'm assuming thats what the standards will be for this pre-shipping PRT as well?

I can currently complete a PRT at the moment at a good-low/good-medium level but I'm concerned my OR will be disappointed as its only a few levels above satisfactory-medium and I've heard scores drop during the IST at OCS. To any of you who did a pre-shipping PRT, how much lower were your scores at the IST?
Late to this one, however, all my scores were lower the day of the IST. Run, plank, push-ups…… as were all my peers.

You’ll be sleep and nutritionally deprived and it’s going to be a lot more stressful than your pre OCS PRT.

Good news, if you fail, you get another shot two days later when you’ll still be just as sleepy, but you’ll have a bit more food in the system AND you’ll know what to expect.

Unless you’re truly terrible at planks or push-ups, 90% of all IST failures were from the run.

Also, I’m sure your OR is very nice, but their opinion of your physical abilities is not important.