• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy OCS Medical Screening

zschaub1

I just received my ship out date for OCS but am worried about the medical screening. I barely passed the MEPS hearing test and if I am being honest I guessed a lot even when I did not hear tones. I am not worried about anything else medically. My designation is SWO. What happens if I fail the hearing test at the medical screening? Am I axed from the program?
Also, my hearing is worse in one ear. Will there be a different outcome if I pass with one ear but not the other?
Thanks in advance for any answers.

Homer J

I'm with NAVAIR. I'm here to help you.
Is there any reason why you would have hearing loss? Maybe go see an ENT before you ship and have things checked out. A lot of people have major earwax build up and are not aware of it.

zschaub1

It occurred after I went to the shooting range. Best guess is the hearing protection wasn't seated correctly over my left ear because of the safety glasses and mask they made me wear. I've seen an ENT a couple of months ago. They prescribed me steroids and then steroid injections. Hearing got a little better but nowhere near as good as my right ear.

exNavyOffRec

Is there any reason why you would have hearing loss? Maybe go see an ENT before you ship and have things checked out. A lot of people have major earwax build up and are not aware of it.
If a person has wax buildup MEPS will Temp DQ a person until an earwash is done and they can see everything in the ear clearly and before a hearing test is performed. It happens more than most people think it would.