• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy OCS Medical In-Processing

JimIII

I've scoured this website and for the most part I am familiar with how medical in-processing will go at OCS. From my understanding it happens early in the first week at the health clinic and unless you're an aviator its the basic blood, urinalysis, vision, hearing, etc.

What I am curious about is how "intense" is it? Is it exactly like MEPS or a bit more laid back? For better or worse I absolutely do not like doctors or medical settings at all. I get white coat syndrome and my pulse skyrockets (blood pressure stays normal though). It happened at MEPS for me when they were taking my pulse and I almost had a cardiologist consult because of it. I'm worried it will happen again at OCS and what they will do. Do you think they will DQ me for it? Any advice for lowering my heart rate at OCS?

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I've scoured this website and for the most part I am familiar with how medical in-processing will go at OCS. From my understanding it happens early in the first week at the health clinic and unless you're an aviator its the basic blood, urinalysis, vision, hearing, etc.

What I am curious about is how "intense" is it? Is it exactly like MEPS or a bit more laid back? For better or worse I absolutely do not like doctors or medical settings at all. I get white coat syndrome and my pulse skyrockets (blood pressure stays normal though). It happened at MEPS for me when they were taking my pulse and I almost had a cardiologist consult because of it. I'm worried it will happen again at OCS and what they will do. Do you think they will DQ me for it? Any advice for lowering my heart rate at OCS?
Search around the OCS forums, there's a ton on there. The OCS website has info too...

Searching instead of creating posts every 10 minutes is good for you...

Mouselovr

Contributor

Late to the party, but I have a recent explanation of the OCS aviation medical. If you're not an aviator, you do a much, much shorter physical. If you need a cardiology consult, they'll send you to someone while you're still in training.