• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy OCS acceptance chances

Billy Ramsbottom

Hello AW family,

I recently took the OAR (second attempt) and scored a 52, up 8 points from my first attempt after a month of studying. I graduated from the University of Cincinnati in late April of 2018 with a bachelors of arts in history, earning a GPA of 3.820 (possibly a 3.706 if combined with three classes I took at a community college as transfer credits - didn’t put forth my best effort in them). I am full-time employed at a medical contract research organization where I work as a project assistant in medical and regulatory affairs. My first designator preference is SWO, with my second being Intel. My letters of recommendation are from a Naval Academy graduate who served for 10 years on a carier, my PhD academics advisor that I sought guidance from throughout college, and a local, positive community member. My goal is to get acceptance into OCS, and I am wondering how my chances are looking given the information posted above. From what I have read in the forums, I think I fair better than most applicants, but I’d like any input on my specific situation. Thanks!

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Hello AW family,

I recently took the OAR (second attempt) and scored a 52, up 8 points from my first attempt after a month of studying. I graduated from the University of Cincinnati in late April of 2018 with a bachelors of arts in history, earning a GPA of 3.820 (possibly a 3.706 if combined with three classes I took at a community college as transfer credits - didn’t put forth my best effort in them). I am full-time employed at a medical contract research organization where I work as a project assistant in medical and regulatory affairs. My first designator preference is SWO, with my second being Intel. My letters of recommendation are from a Naval Academy graduate who served for 10 years on a carier, my PhD academics advisor that I sought guidance from throughout college, and a local, positive community member. My goal is to get acceptance into OCS, and I am wondering how my chances are looking given the information posted above. From what I have read in the forums, I think I fair better than most applicants, but I’d like any input on my specific situation. Thanks!

Welcome to page. All if not most of your answers can be found by searching the forums. There are threads dedicated to posting stats and even SWO selection boards where you can see how fellow applicants stack up - and ultimately get selected.

Do the homework: search, and search some more. If you absolutely can’t find your answer, ask your OR and/or ask here. People who have done the homework and research when it comes to asking are more than likely going to get help.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Approximately a 42.000% chance
Negative. The 42% is reserved strictly for Naval Aviation is an elite, deceptively selective metric. Look of it this way, 1000 people apply to OCS, but only 42% get selected for SNA/NFO (420). Of those, a mere 42% make it past things like NAMI and primary (176). Of those 176 only 42% get jets (74) while the rest get helos (51) or multi-engine (51). Trust me, the Navy has a lock on this shit, but I think UAVs are going to fuck up the entire metric.:cool: