• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy OAR scores and such

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwhee02s

Well I had just took my Navy OAR test and my score was a 36. Ouch! I am going to study and take it again. For those who have been accepted into the officer programs what was your score? My recruiter said a 47 or 48 usually would be competitive. I will be graduating this summer with a degree in Political Science. My current GPA is 3.1 which I hope to raise a bit before graduation. Also were any of you junior college graduates? I was not sure if they look real hard at that or not. My junior college GPA is garbage like a 2.4 but I turned it up when I got to my upper division school. I know my degree is not the most sought after one in the Navy. I am hoping for either supply or cryptology. I do not have Normal color vision so that rules out avaition and unfortunately intelligence as well. If I am not accepted as an officer I am set to go in enlisted. My enlistment recruiter told me that if you enlist with a bachelors degree you can become an officer after some time has been served enlisted. My MOS for enlisted is PN (personellman). Any comments and answers you guys could give me would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Joe.

l7le

I've been reading a lot of the old posts and it seemed that the OAR scores used to be low, then it got really high to around where 60 was competitive, then now with the computer form of the test, it seems like scores dropped again. Anyone else notice this?

PU Grad

MAC flight user
pilot
I would just suggest being careful with signing up as enlisted unless that is what you want to do.

As far as the OAR scores, I am not too sure. I took it a bit back and did really well on it. Does this mean my chances of getting in have increased over the last year?

Kobyra

MarketPro

According to my recruiter, they have seen a drop in the OAR scores across the board on the new computer system. I took the ASTB on Friday on the new system and my score was one of the highest my recruiting district had seen (65) since the new system took effect.

Jwhee02s: I happen to have a "low" GPA as well (3.2 overall). I happened to be married, working 50-60 hours per week and taking 33 credit hours per semester so that is what I am relying on to justify why my GPA suffered slightly. My OAR score of 65 should help augment the low GPA as well. I am going after INTEL and have been told I have a fairly good shot due to my OAR. My advice to you if you really want to avoid the enlisted ranks is to study very hard to raise your OAR and begin working on some good explanations for why your GPA is low.

Status
Not open for further replies.