• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy N00b

Ccrc

Future Navy Lady
So, Short of the long. I am dual enlisted and have an OCS package I am submitting. My College years were not the fondest because of me wanting to be resilient and overcome Calc. I'm 30, have lots of different backgrounds in jobs, sports, volunteer work. I have veterans and friends who are active Marines, Navy ,AirForce, and Army. I am still pulling to go in commissioned. I don't have any family in military currently or prior except my grandfather who passed away. I am starting to feel pigeon holed and I recognize perhaps it is due to my ignorance. I originally asked to speak to an officer who I could chat with about being going into OCS and she straight up said no because my GPA was 2.7. After my transcripts were reviewed the lieutenant called me and said their was opportunity for me. As of today, (11/6/2021) My test is in about a week, I have been studying the OAR along with the MST, RCT, MCT, ANIT, and NATFI. I got a 75 on the ASVAB. They said they are working on pushing my boot camp date further then Dec 15th so I can test Nov 16th, and see if I qualify for OCS. My package doesn't seem very competitive but do you think I could get picked up with low ASTB scores? I have many letters of recommendation including from a flight instructor and avionics tech I sat down with to learn and absorb as much as I could.. Not sure what the next steps would be really.. (Side Note: Downloaded all ASTB practice tests and material from ASTB forum on airwarriors site, thank you peoples! and bought 2 books) :)~Future Navy Lady <3

Last edited:

exNavyOffRec

So, Short of the long. I am dual enlisted and have an OCS package I am submitting. My College years were not the fondest because of me wanting to be resilient and overcome Calc. I'm 30, have lots of different backgrounds in jobs, sports, volunteer work. I have veterans and friends who are active Marines, Navy ,AirForce, and Army. I am still pulling to go in commissioned. I don't have any family in military currently or prior except my grandfather who passed away. I am starting to feel pigeon holed and I recognize perhaps it is due to my ignorance. I originally asked to speak to an officer who I could chat with about being going into OCS and she straight up said no because my GPA was 2.7. After my transcripts were reviewed the lieutenant called me and said their was opportunity for me. As of today, (11/6/2021) My test is in about a week, I have been studying the OAR along with the MST, RCT, MCT, ANIT, and NATFI. I got a 75 on the ASVAB. They said they are working on pushing my boot camp date further then Dec 15th so I can test Nov 16th, and see if I qualify for OCS. My package doesn't seem very competitive but do you think I could get picked up with low ASTB scores? I have many letters of recommendation including from a flight instructor and avionics tech I sat down with to learn and absorb as much as I could.. Not sure what the next steps would be really.. (Side Note: Downloaded all ASTB practice tests and material from ASTB forum on airwarriors site, thank you peoples! and bought 2 books) :)~Future Navy Lady <3
Aviation boards rely heavily on ASTB score, so the higher you get the better chance you have.