• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy intel reserves

Nevang5

i am interested in joining the navy reserves as an intel officer. I've been told I wouldn't get accepted to the program as I don't have any intel experience so I would have to go through enlisted side first. My background is mechanical engineering including government work experience. I'm 21 but I can't apply to the program for another two years until I finish school. As of right now my plan is to apply to the officer reserves for intel and if I don't get it then just enlist in the reserves. I was wondering what the difference between enlisted and officer goes as far as reserves. Would the drill weekends really be that much of a difference besides pay?

sqlfunkateer

I-am-not-a-lawyer/recruiter disclaimer, but I would wager you have a steep climb to apply for reserve officer...the direct commission reserve path requires a lot of experience and is very competitive. Active duty / OCS might be an option once you have your degree, though, if you're willing to commit to it.

Nevang5

I-am-not-a-lawyer/recruiter disclaimer, but I would wager you have a steep climb to apply for reserve officer...the direct commission reserve path requires a lot of experience and is very competitive. Active duty / OCS might be an option once you have your degree, though, if you're willing to commit to it.
Well if I can't get in the Officer route directly I'd enlist in the reserves to get experience

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
i am interested in joining the navy reserves as an intel officer. I've been told I wouldn't get accepted to the program as I don't have any intel experience so I would have to go through enlisted side first. My background is mechanical engineering including government work experience. I'm 21 but I can't apply to the program for another two years until I finish school. As of right now my plan is to apply to the officer reserves for intel and if I don't get it then just enlist in the reserves. I was wondering what the difference between enlisted and officer goes as far as reserves. Would the drill weekends really be that much of a difference besides pay?

You're not eglible to apply. Either apply for active duty or go the enlisted route.