• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NAVY EPLO's?

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
I've met USMC, AF, and Army Reserve O-4's and O-5's that are assigned as Emergency Preparedness Liaison Officers - what I haven't seen is a US Navy officer assigned in this capacity with FEMA. Is this a thing in Navy/Navy Reserves?

Thanks!

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I've met USMC, AF, and Army Reserve O-4's and O-5's that are assigned as Emergency Preparedness Liaison Officers - what I haven't seen is a US Navy officer assigned in this capacity with FEMA. Is this a thing in Navy/Navy Reserves?

Thanks!

Yes there’s a NEPLO program for reservists and even valued!

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I wanted to apply for the position in my state, but at the time it was an O-6 billet. A good buddy got the job and he liked it a good bit. A former reserve skipper of mine also held the job. He really liked it.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor

Thanks!
FWIW, EM positions within CNIC are civil service jobs, not military.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
To be fair now, their all expense paid trip to Kuai was for mere days. Yours, on the other hand... ?
Wait…does that mean instead of a self-licking ice cream cone there is a self-serving kind?