• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NAVET Prior Service

LT,

How many years must you complete as a prior enlisted officer to retire in the reserves as an officer? I've heard 8 and 10 years from different folks.

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor
The Navy Reserve is looking for prior service officers - in some cases there are re-affiliation bonuses.
Honest question. Why does the RC allow folks from the AC who 2xFOS for O4 to come to the RC while, at the same time, these same officers are ineligible for RC to AC conversion?

Manning issue? Cannot recruit enough? OPA?

Last edited:

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Honest question. Why does the RC allow folks the AC who 2xFOS for O4 to come to the RC while, at the same time, these same officers are ineligible for RC to AC conversion?

Sir, this is a McDonalds...

I’d be surprised if the LT had that answer for you.

LT Rich Santos

Officer in Charge, TAOC Orlando, NTAG Jacksonville
Honest question. Why does the RC allow folks from the AC who 2xFOS for O4 to come to the RC while, at the same time, these same officers are ineligible for RC to AC conversion?

That's a question above my pay grade. The Navy tells me what they want and I find them and put them in.

snake020

Contributor
LT,

For NAVET officers, any limits on the length of break in service? I have a friend that left active duty as a LT about 10 years ago and is considering coming back; not enough service time for FOS.

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor
They are offering me $10k (3 year obligation) to go from VTU back to SELRES because my designator us undermanned at my rank... No thanks... I am loving it in the VTU...

Last edited:

subreservist

LT,

For NAVET officers, any limits on the length of break in service? I have a friend that left active duty as a LT about 10 years ago and is considering coming back; not enough service time for FOS.

No limit for break. He just needs his DD214, last 3 FITREPS and resume to be checked for eligibility. I can help with that if LT doesn't respond.

I personally had a 6 year break and know folks with even longer than that.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
They are offering me $10k (3 year obligation) to go from VTU back to SELRES because my designator us undermanned at my rank... No thanks... I am loving it in the VTU...
Must not be like any VTU I knew off. Nothing to love about sitting around doing GMT, reading the newspaper and waiting to be tapped for every shitty little job that requires an officer.

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor
Must not be like any VTU I knew off. Nothing to love about sitting around doing GMT, reading the newspaper and waiting to be tapped for every shorty little job that requires an officer.
We worked to ensure our VTU is very engaged and we stay busy supporting our NOSC which is woefully undermanned. Heck, we provide more support than the OSU unit who literally sits in their classroom all weekend doing absolutely nothing.