• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Naval Aviation Legend CAPT Dale 'Snort' Snodgrass....

CumminsPilot

VA...not so bad
pilot
Good video. His mention of the famous picture is at 1 hour 13 minutes...definitely not the highlight of his career.

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
What's the back story on his call sign? All he would say was that it didn't have anything to do with drugs and it involved a "very large woman in a foreign port"

ryan1234

What's the back story on his call sign? All he would say was that it didn't have anything to do with drugs and it involved a "very large woman in a foreign port"

It's a funny story, if you come down to Stuart, FL next weekend, you can ask him to tell you about it

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
It was a great event and thanks to Ustream, you can partake of the experience. It was worth drive into DC and time whizzed by as Snort recounted his own career in the Tomcat and subsequent airshow adventures since then. Worth listening to and seeing images he had projected on IMAX screen.

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
Awesome vid. Seems like a great guy.

However, he endorses a line of customized Swiss watches (SwissPL.com) that are, well, pretty much junk. Took 10 months to come in and quality far below what was advertised. Steer clear, and just get a Breitling.

Citation3

This thread is reason enough to drag out the obligatory Snort model pictures...

DSC_1738.jpg

DSCN0401.jpg

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
This thread is reason enough to drag out the obligatory Snort model pictures...

Like marriage...lovlier the second time around. Outstanding craftmanship always bears a second look!;)
BzB

aodell

TW-2
I saw the Capt. fly with the Heavy Metal Jet Team this summer at an airshow. I had no clue I was seeing this guy. Pretty cool.

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
I saw the Capt. fly with the Heavy Metal Jet Team this summer at an airshow. I had no clue I was seeing this guy. Pretty cool.

Same here. I saw them a couple of months ago at a small Lancaster PA air show. At the time I knew nothing about them and I was amazed at how good they were.

Nice paint job.....
DSCN0862.jpg