• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Naval Aviation Boat Penants

Calflyer

An aviator named Nick Nickerson used to sell boat penants or burgees that had embroidered wings. They looked high quality and were mentioned by the Tailhook Association. I wanted to buy one but haven’t. Been able to get in touch with Nick. Does anyone know what happened? If he is no longer making/ selling them, I’d be willing to get them started for my self and others if there’s interest. Please help. Thanks. Seanalehmann@gmail.com

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
If we’re thinking of the same person, he passed away in 2014.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
He’s alive! (Maybe) That isn’t the Nickerson (naval aviator) I was acquainted with. Or at least it doesn’t look like him.

If you considering picking up the business I doubt there would be any real issues. The images (wings) and shapes (boat pennant) are public property.

Calflyer

I have tried to find and get in touch with him on and off for a couple of years. All phone numbers and email addresses I find are no good so I'm thinking he dropped it. I just really want one for my boat and thought others might too.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I have tried to find and get in touch with him on and off for a couple of years. All phone numbers and email addresses I find are no good so I'm thinking he dropped it. I just really want one for my boat and thought others might too.
Check out this ETSY store. They may be able to make you one.