• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NAS Pensacola

asdf

I'm moving down this may and need to find a cheap nice place to live, is governors gate any good? or any other places that after living there you would have lived at instead? Thanks for any suggestions.

This thread looks like it's gotten a little off topic, I'm just wondering if anyone in has a good guess about the wait time for Marine SNAs classing up for API or IFS? Thanks for any info

texags

pilot
Right now, Bravo company is classing up for API. They graduated TBS around July 1 last year I believe, so that's about a 9 month wait. They seem to be classing up anywhere from 8-12 Marines per API class which might cut the wait time down. Things change on a weekly basis though.

banana380

pilot
In regard to an earlier post, does the current need for pilots also mean the current need for NFO's?

Most recent gouge I've heard for Fo's is that they have a 3-4 week wait whereas pilots are classing up for Primary the Sunday after they finish API on a Wednesday...

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Thanks for all the info and again I appoligize, I know it seemed as though I was being a pissy pants.

You will have your day of not being the new guy who knows nothing, and at some point your prior enlisted time will matter to you and others. Unfortunately, for the time being, nobody really cares if you were a 1/c or something with 10 yrs of service. What they care about is how well you do in the airplane, and that you get your wings. After that, when you hit the FRS/fleet, and there are actually sailors in your command, what you know about how the Navy works will matter again. With the amount of civilian contracting that the tracom relies on now, flight school is about as close as you can get to not being in the military, while still being in.