• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NAS Brunswick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eagle1

John-
When you selected squadrons what was the selection based on? Advanced grades? Grades at the FRS? Also, how difficult was it to get an assignment at NAS Brunswick, Maine? How many squadrons are there. Were these highly coveted slots or did most folks want to avoid being sent to the frozen north country? Thanks in advance.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
You chose during Advanced from all the P3 Squadron sites, basically where you want to go, then what you want either VQ (recon) or VP (patrol). This is based off of your scores solely in Advanced training there in Corpus. You fill out a dream sheet, and it goes off, and a week or so before the winging you find out where you are going. As always on that sheet you rank where you would like to go, ie for me:

Jacksonville, FL VP
Kaneohe Bay, HI VP
Whidbey Island, WA VP
Rota, Spain VQ
Brunswick, Maine VP

Those are all the slots, and only Rota and Whidbey have the VQ birds.

About 14-16 weeks into the FRS you get Squadron selection, Fleet requirements come down from BUPERS, and you and the other people going to your "verbal orders" destination get together and "duke" it out. For me, I fortunately got what I wanted.

As for slots, when I selected back in Advanced, Brunswick wasn't in hot demand, but I am sure that depends on who is getting Winged that month (Wingings happend ~4 weeks).

Status
Not open for further replies.