• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NAMI question for Pilots/NFO's

CaptMorgan

Hey everybody, I was just recently selected for SNA and I had a question regarding NAMI. I have a current 2808 for my army pilot flight physical and also one for aircrew (all of it is accessible through AERO). Since it's current and signed off by the flight surgeon, is there a possibility I could bypass NAMI or do the shortened version? Thanks again

Good morning all. I was able to successfully finish my Part I flight physical and when I went in for my Part II, was told since i was diagnosed with "mild sleep apnea" in 2019 i needed to go in to sleep study for a re-evaluation to make sure it was under control so the flight doc could submit a waiver. I went to sleep study and completed a "wakefulness" test and was told I should be good to go, no issues and sleep apnea is under control. When I went in for my Part II physical, I was told that if I have sleep apnea, it is an automatic disqualification for applicants and a waiver will not be accepted (according to the NAMI instruction). Has anyone been able to get a way around this or is this the end for my SNO/SNFO application process?

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Good morning all. I was able to successfully finish my Part I flight physical and when I went in for my Part II, was told since i was diagnosed with "mild sleep apnea" in 2019 i needed to go in to sleep study for a re-evaluation to make sure it was under control so the flight doc could submit a waiver. I went to sleep study and completed a "wakefulness" test and was told I should be good to go, no issues and sleep apnea is under control. When I went in for my Part II physical, I was told that if I have sleep apnea, it is an automatic disqualification for applicants and a waiver will not be accepted (according to the NAMI instruction). Has anyone been able to get a way around this or is this the end for my SNO/SNFO application process?

My gouge and knowledge is a few years old from when I was in recruiting… but with that said any sort of diagnosed sleep apnea has been a no go, as in DQ with no waivers.

However, things may have changed and there may be some leniency being that you’re already enlisted / active duty. You also may have better luck or an understanding searching around the forums to see if anyone has had recent luck.

Try for the best but also brace for the worse, if it happens.

exNavyOffRec

My gouge and knowledge is a few years old from when I was in recruiting… but with that said any sort of diagnosed sleep apnea has been a no go, as in DQ with no waivers.

However, things may have changed and there may be some leniency being that you’re already enlisted / active duty. You also may have better luck or an understanding searching around the forums to see if anyone has had recent luck.

Try for the best but also brace for the worse, if it happens.
The medical manual still list it as DQ condition and doesn't say anything about waivers, this is probably one of those conditions that will prevent you from commissioning but will not prevent you from continuing to serve as enlisted.

The medical manual still list it as DQ condition and doesn't say anything about waivers, this is probably one of those conditions that will prevent you from commissioning but will not prevent you from continuing to serve as enlisted.
I don't think its DQ for EVERY commissioning path, mainly aviation right? I've just read about it being DQ for Pilot and NFO but haven't seen it for other options such as Intel or CW. Correct me if I'm wrong though and I just haven't read up on it yet.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I don't think its DQ for EVERY commissioning path, mainly aviation right? I've just read about it being DQ for Pilot and NFO but haven't seen it for other options such as Intel or CW. Correct me if I'm wrong though and I just haven't read up on it yet.

MANMED CH-15 is overall commissioning, however there are some chapters that discuss special medical requirements like aviation, diving, etc.