• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

my nephew's application letter to the merchant marine academy

flaps

happy to be here
None
Contributor
who says old marines don't cry?

"May 17, 2012

September 11, 2001 was the day that my uncle, Terrence Farrell, made the ultimate sacrifice while serving as a member of the Fire Department of New York. I didn’t realize it at the time, but that event made quite an impact on my life. That impact would be solidified by talking to my uncle who served in Vietnam as a pilot in the Marines and earned two Purple Hearts during his tour of duty. In 2004, another uncle was deployed as a Lieutenant Colonel to Iraq with the NY Army National Guard. I spoke a lot with my uncles about the military. Last year, I also had an opportunity to meet Daniel Murphy who spoke about his son, Lieutenant Michael J. Murphy, recipient of the Medal of Honor for his actions overseas. These men greatly influenced my decision to serve my country as a leader in the military.

I see no greater start to this journey than attending the US Merchant Marine Academy. My leadership role as Eucharistic Minister has been fostered by Kellenberg HS’s philosophy of ‘One Heart, One Mind’, in which I help to foster spiritual and moral growth. This obligation to give back to others is a great responsibility which I am eager to accept.

If appointed to the Academy, I would choose to study in the field of Engineering. My interest in the way things are constructed and assembled leads me in this direction. I enjoy and perform well in math and sciences and have earned a desirable placement in Honors Calculus for my senior year.

The Merchant Marine Academy produces exceptional military leaders and I believe that by attending, it would truly be the crown jewel in my family’s long and outstanding military history. "

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Is his/her GPA class rank worth mentioning?
How about sports and leadership roles?

Cheers,
G

KP 85

flaps

happy to be here
None
Contributor
re:"Is his/her GPA class rank worth mentioning?
How about sports and leadership roles?"

he's way up there with all that stuff

7269511022_45aa79de41_z.jpg