• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USN My chance under my special situation

Paul Kellerman

C.Ronaldo
Dear fellows, I have a question regarding my Intel and OCS chances: I got my ASTB 64, 7, 6, 8. I was already disqualified for flying because my eyes -8 refractive and astigmatism. But the thing I'm really worrying about is my SF86.

I was born and raised in Beijing, mandarin was my 1st language, naturalized and became U.S. citizen 3 months ago, renounced my Chinese citizenship at the same time. But the real problem is , both my parents are living in Beijing and non of them are even Greencard holders. I know the SF86 worries my foreign impact, but non of my parents are Chinese government officials and neither hold any business and connections with Chinese Gov.

I've already changed my legal name to a pure American name including a new last name.

My questions:
1. Intel officer is my top dream, do you think based on my condition there is any chance for me to get TS/SCI?
2.My 2nd choice would be IWO( Currently cryptologic warfare officer) that needs TS too, do I have chance for this?
3. Since my Mandarin skill is a demanding asset in Navy, because of their more operations in South China sea area, do I have a chance to get a TS/SCI if I write a detailed statement at the end of SF86 to explain I can trusted and mitigate any foreign impacts?
4. Which community officers don't need TS?
5. If I only get a secret and put into a correspondent community, do I still have chance later of my career to gain the trust and switch to Intel or IWO/CWO?
6. Based on my OAR and 3.26 GPA with MS Finance degree, do you think I'm competitive?
7. I'm currently waiting for MEPS to medical read my vision and get a waiver, If I can get a waiver from Docs, can I get "Recommended and waived" from Navy Personnel at TN? Does that eye waiver affect my competence?
8, If I do a PRK at my own cost, do I stand a better chance even I don't want to fly?

Thank you and your answers are highly appreciated!

fieldrat

Fully Qualified 1815
Can't speak to the questions about clearances; each case is unique. However, PERS-472 on Facebook just posted slides from the March board. All the metrics are there to see how you compare against other candidates.
Behold, PowerPoint!

Paul Kellerman

C.Ronaldo
Can't speak to the questions about clearances; each case is unique. However, PERS-472 on Facebook just posted slides from the March board. All the metrics are there to see how you compare against other candidates.
Behold, PowerPoint!

Thanks , found my OAR pretty good , GPA is fair. I will try to get some LOR, the SF86 is something I'm worrying about! None of my parents are US citizens and not even Green card holders!

Let us see the whether Navy command can give me TS/SCI.