• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

My 9 year old sister gets to meet the President

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaerose

My 9 year old sister goes to a private school that I used to attend back in the day and the pastor of our church (the school's principal) knows all of the big-wig politicians due to his business. Well, apparently next Tuesday the kids, including my sister, get to meet President Bush when he's in town. How cool is that? I must say that I'm extremely jealous and I'm going to try and get myself a spot at the event, too! I'll let you all know if it works out.

JR

jaerose

It's a Christian school and the children of church members get to go for free (now, when I went we had to pay like $1200/yr so it wasn't so bad). It's K-12 in one classroom and the parents just pay for whatever books they use (called paces). It's accelerated education because you can go at your own pace. My sis is already a grade ahead. When I left in 7th grade I was doing 9th grade math and 11th grade everything else.

So, basically, when I went to public school my study habits hit the fan and I got academically lazy...going to have to fix that. That's nothing against public school, it just means I didn't do anything new for a while. It doesn't work that way for everyone, though...some kids I know did better in public school 'cause that's how the learn efficiently. It's cool though. They score their own work and have to get an 88% to pass a test (it was 90% when I was there), so it basically teaches them to get A's.

Anyway, they get to go meet Dubya 'cause my preacher knows the guy organizing the rally and they got extra tickets. I didn't think I'd ever be jealous of a 9-year old, but I am.

JR

Status
Not open for further replies.