• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Mwr

Optimum11

Does anyone have any good pics of some of the MWR options on the ships? I have heard that the gyms are nice on board. Also movie theaters etc....any thoughts?

HooverPilot

CODPilot
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
C'mon man, think about it - Camera's aren't allowed in the movie theater. It would spoil the movie!

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
The "movie theater" is usually the ready room, a lounge, or the mess deck for the enlisted. It ain't the Carmike 16.

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
You mean to tell me that there are no luxury movie theaters on ships??
4889.jpg

Why the hell am I even joining???

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Does anyone have any good pics of some of the MWR options on the ships? I have heard that the gyms are nice on board. Also movie theaters etc....any thoughts?
I've seen some great gyms and movie theaters on some of the ships I've been on...the last one being the Disney Wonder.

On the other hand, on the USS Theodore Roosevelt, we had gym equipment scattered around the ladder wells and watched videos in the ready rooms / wardroom.

robav8r

None
Contributor
. . . . . . . and let's not forget about the bowling alleys on the 3rd deck of our CV & CVN's.

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor

The 3 lane bowling alleys onboard are usually pretty nice.

Praying4OCS

Helo Bubba to Information Warrior
pilot
Contributor
If you guys think the gyms and movie theaters are nice on ships, you should see them on Subs. Its like Golds and AMC with free memberships! :D

SnipeDude

Cleveland Brown Fan
According to the Navy Times I was on the worst ship in the Navy...still we had a nice gym but so do prisons.

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
According to the Navy Times I was on the worst ship in the Navy...still we had a nice gym but so do prisons.

Just out of curiosity, what ship were you on? My det supported the Kitty Hawk for the 3 years I was in Japan and I did my share of transits and RON's. The Kitty is pretty shitty.