• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Muslim Extremists Preach Violence in Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,139807,00.html

Muslim Extremists Preach Violence in Europe
Monday, November 29, 2004
By Steve Harrigan

FOX NEWS

LONDON — He's called Sheik Terra.

With a Koran in one hand and pistol in the other, the British rapper calls for the murder of non-Muslims, including several world leaders, on a videotape.

The video is well known in one London mosque, whose imam — or leader — is accused of setting up a terrorist training camp in Oregon and whose followers don't like Western media.

Abu Hamza (search), who lost two hands and an eye in Afghanistan, is in jail now but other extremists from among Britain's two million Muslims continue to preach violence, veiling the message to take advantage of some of Europe's most liberal freedom-of-speech laws.

"We cannot tolerate a crocodile in our bedroom," said Sheik Omar Bakri. "U.S. forces in Muslim countries are crocodiles in our bedrooms. So we are not going to give them ice cream."

Bakri says the terrorists who staged the Sept. 11, 2001, (search) attacks on the United States are magnificent and Westerners in Arab lands need to be killed by any means necessary. He makes the threats with a smile.

"If we use violence, you will forget the name of your mother and father," he said.

The drawing power of the extremists, especially among the youth, has posed a challenge for mainstream Muslim leaders across Europe.

Part of Britain's problem is that it can't provide native-trained imams; more than 90 percent are foreigners with very limited training or, some like Hamza, have none at all.

To prevent more mosques from being hijacked, London's Muslim college is trying to educate home-grown British imams but the voices of moderation struggle to be heard over media-savvy terrorists.

When a hostage gets beheaded in Iraq, the images spread through this community almost instantly. It is a real mix of barbarity and technology.

The beheading of British engineer Kenneth Bigley (search) in Iraq went from videotape to the Internet, then from cell phone to cell phone, bringing a smile from one young British Muslim who says he knows who the real killers are.

"They are not Muslims. They are Jews," the young man said.

An old message of hatred for a new generation of consumers who can spread murder across a continent with the push of a button, or a song and a laugh.

Editor's Note: This is part four of a four-part series about the Muslim population abroad.

PilotCPB

With a Koran in one hand and pistol in the other, the British rapper calls for the murder of non-Muslims, including several world leaders, on a videotape.
Rappers preaching violence? Who woulda thought... lol.

"We cannot tolerate a crocodile in our bedroom," said Sheik Omar Bakri. "U.S. forces in Muslim countries are crocodiles in our bedrooms. So we are not going to give them ice cream."
Crocodiles like ice cream?!

I hope the UK can get that bunch under control... I'm sure they're as sick of hearing it as we are.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
PilotCPB said:
I hope the UK can get that bunch under control... I'm sure they're as sick of hearing it as we are.

Don't count on it. The British are much more liberal than we are, at least according to their policies and laws. They'd be afraid to offend them. There is a very large Muslim population in England too.

helmet91

contemplating applying again...
all of this is getting even worse in France and Germany...

there was a good article in the Washington Times last week talking about the rise of Muslim communities and their disregard for the laws of the country they live in. Things are going to get really bad in the coming years...

peanut3479

pilot
A friend of mine just came back from visiting Pairs about two weeks ago, and she said she couldn't believe the amount of anti-American Middle Easterners there; one person apparently started yelling at them "F*** Bush; F*** America" right on the crowded subway. My brother spent a semester studying abroad in England last year, and he said Paris wasn't nearly that bad a year ago when I told him about it. This is, of course, all hearsay, but it implies a noticeably negative trend to me.

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
Spain wasnt too bad, at least in the areas I was in. We even had a bunch of Algerians cheer us on once they found out we were American. A little disturbing and uncalled for, but still surprising. I didnt really notice any anti-american sentiment at all there. Brazil was pretty much the same.

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
so if they encourage the killing of our people in Muslim countries....does that mean we should be killing them in ours?

FlyingDoc

PropStop said:
so if they encourage the killing of our people in Muslim countries....does that mean we should be killing them in ours?

I was wondering the same thing.... Funny how double sided people can be isn't it?

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
CantSeeMe said:
I was wondering the same thing.... Funny how double sided people can be isn't it?

Good thing religious extremeists only rarely have a double standard...oh wait, they always do!

Cate

Pretty much invincible
PropStop said:
Well, that depends. Although I haven't heard it from the mouths of rappers yet (and God knows everyone respects rappers and heeds their advice), I have heard people advocating the indiscriminate incarceration/deportation/execution of Muslims in the US. Usually, though, no one listens to those people because they, like the rappers in the story, are freaking nut cases.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Slammer2 said:
Spain wasnt too bad, at least in the areas I was in. We even had a bunch of Algerians cheer us on once they found out we were American. A little disturbing and uncalled for, but still surprising. I didnt really notice any anti-american sentiment at all there. Brazil was pretty much the same.

When did you go? An ex-girlfriend of mine was there during Sept 11 and she saw the pro-American, like you said, but also saw the anti-American. Was even acosted once or twice.

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
PropStop said:

well that would just be barbaric...oh wait

FlyNavy said:
When did you go? An ex-girlfriend of mine was there during Sept 11 and she saw the pro-American, like you said, but also saw the anti-American. Was even acosted once or twice.

Sorry to hear that. I went in the late 20-somethings of October and stayed until november 10 or so. I thought that it might be really bad during the US elections but thankfully nothing too bad happened (at least that I witnessed). Maybe some areas are different than others. I was in Barcelona most of the time but also Madrid and Seville.

Status
Not open for further replies.