• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS Multiple GPA questions

Creeping_Geep

I am a fleet applicant for INTEL/1830. My undergrad GPA is 2.84 (non-qualifying but on the low-end of what is waiverable) and my graduate GPA is 3.88, for a cumulative undergrad + grad GPA of 3.07. The PA says that a conferred graduate degree with a GPA of 3.0 or greater will "supersede" a non-qualifying undergraduate GPA, but what does that actually mean? Does it mean my meager undergrad GPA will not be counted when the Navy calculates my undergrad + grad cumulative GPA, or does it just mean I don't have to pursue a waiver for it? Also, I read somewhere (may have been in the 1131.2) that in cases where an applicant has multiple degrees and one of them is program-specific, only the program-specific degree is counted. Am I remembering that correctly? Finally (and this is super subjective), how badly is my GPA hurting my competitiveness for 1830? There are a lot of classes (and years) that I wish I could get back, but I have to own the decisions I've made. Just hoping that my hyper relevant graduate degree can convince the Navy to see past my misadventures in State U.

edit: Typos.

Last edited:

exNavyOffRec

I am a fleet applicant for INTEL/1830. My undergrad GPA is 2.84 (non-qualifying but on the low-end of what is waiverable) and my graduate GPA is 3.88, for a cumulative undergrad + grad GPA of 3.07. The PA says that a conferred graduate degree with a GPA of 3.0 or greater will "supersede" a non-qualifying undergraduate GPA, but what does that actually mean? Does it mean my meager undergrad GPA will not be counted when the Navy calculates my undergrad + grad cumulative GPA, or does it just mean I don't have to pursue a waiver for it? Also, I read somewhere (may have been in the 1131.2) that in cases where an applicant has multiple degrees and one of them is program-specific, only the program-specific degree is counted. Am I remembering that correctly? Finally (and this is super subjective), how badly is my GPA hurting my competitiveness for 1830? There are a lot of classes (and years) that I wish I could get back, but I have to own the decisions I've made. Just hoping that my hyper relevant graduate degree can convince the Navy to see past my misadventures in State U.

edit: Typos.
What was told is that even though you technically can't apply due to UG GPA, your grad GPA is above so you can qualify.

All the GPA's count for all schools.

Your GPA will hurt a little bit however you have shown substantial growth so that will help.

Creeping_Geep

What was told is that even though you technically can't apply due to UG GPA, your grad GPA is above so you can qualify.

All the GPA's count for all schools.

Your GPA will hurt a little bit however you have shown substantial growth so that will help.
Thank you!