• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Multiple Applications

CUBUFFS4134

Tellin’ it like it is.
pilot
Contributor
Please allow me to apologize if this topic has been covered previously. I am in the process of seeking a commission as a pilot or NFO. I would honestly be thrilled to receive an offer from the Navy or the Marines. However, while having two pending packets, I have run into a situation that while leaning towards one I have been offered by the other. Can I accept the "bird in the hand" while waiting to hear from the other. Thank you for the advice and the invaluable assistance that this site has offered. I wish that all applicants knew about it.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
You can wait for as long as your package is allowed to wait (I think like 30 days after final select for the Navy side?) but as soon as you sign on the dotted line, game over. You can't sign for one and wait for the other.

CUBUFFS4134

Tellin’ it like it is.
pilot
Contributor
When you say the dotted line, does this include the service agreement. I have been offered an air contract for October with the Marines but am in the August board with the Navy. My Marine OSO wants me to contract tomorrow but I would like to know how things turn out with the board. Plus it will be several weeks before my packet is approved by the USMC.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
When you say the dotted line, does this include the service agreement. I have been offered an air contract for October with the Marines but am in the August board with the Navy. My Marine OSO wants me to contract tomorrow but I would like to know how things turn out with the board. Plus it will be several weeks before my packet is approved by the USMC.

Let's wait for a Marine to answer the Marine side of the coin. But all I can tell you is when you SIGN THE CONTRACT, you're in, AFAIK, unless somehow the Marines contract isn't binding until some certain point.

If you SIGN a contract, put your hand up, and swear in. You're IN.